People have become less and less interested in paying for cable TV subscriptions. Now, their interest has shifted to streaming options that allow them to watch their favorite shows, sports, and news programs without the need for a cable package. One of those services is called Vidgo. You may be asking, what is Vidgo? Well, in the following Vidgo review, we’ll tell you all you need to know to get to streaming.
What is Vidgo?
Vidgo is an over-the-top TV streaming service that’s simple, affordable and a portable way to watch TV. It’s a TV app that works on internet-connected devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, iOS, Android, tablets, Apple TV, etc. It allows you to watch popular live Sports, Entertainment, Family and Latino programming at an affordable price.
Vidgo is a paid service ($39.99/mo, 7-day free trial) that allows you to watch all of your favorite channels, cable-free.
Similar to cable, you’ll be able to watch LIVE television. You’ll get a package of 60 channels, all of which you can watch live.
Here’s the Vidgo review at a glance:
- Costs $39.99 per month
- No contract or commitment
- Affordable streaming package of 60 channels
- Includes the entire suite of Disney Media Networks in their Basic Package
- Focused mainly on sports (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, etc.)
- Local broadcast channels from ABC owned stations in multiple markets with more on the way
- Social TV platform to watch and interact with friends during live shows
- No credit check or hidden fees
Is Vidgo worth it? It depends on personal preference but it’s a very affordable service making it an attractive option to most. If you are unsure of whether this is the right service for you then you can try before you commit.
Continue reading below for the full 2020 Vidgo review.
How Vidgo Works
Vidgo is a streaming service over the internet. To get the best experience, a strong, reliable internet connection. Here are some of the basics of how the service works:
- Subscribe on Vidgo or purchase prepaid membership at thousands of prepaid wireless stores
- Begin a weeklong free trial
- Select either the basic package (Core Package, $39.99 per month) or the premium one (Plus Package, $49.99 per month)
- Select any add-on packages
- Sign in to your account and start watching right on your computer
- Stream on other devices as well, like Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Roku
- Cancel your subscription for Vidgo at any time
It’s as simple as that. It’s a very easy process to get started streaming all your favorite channels on Vidgo. You can quickly get set up to stream your favorite teams, shows, or other programs without the need for the expensive cable package.
Vidgo Review: Features
Vidgo is a relatively new service and was launched in October 2018 mostly focused on Latino channel stations. After multiple strategic partnerships, Vidgo has widely expanded both it’s channel and feature offerings.
Some highlights of Vidgo include:
- Diverse content and channel offering: Vidgo truly offers a channel package that works for everyone. You’ll always be entertained whether you’re interested in sports, news, children’s TV, or keeping up with your favorite shows.
- Simultaneous streaming: Vidgo allows you to watch on three different devices at the same time, regardless of where you’re located. This means you could be watching from your house, while another family member is stealthily streaming the football game at the office.
- Social TV platform: through a partnership with Kiswe Mobile, Vidgo offers a social platform to interact with others while watching live TV. This is an awesome way to react with friends or other fans of the same programs as yourself and to elevate the TV watching experience. I
- The full suite of Disney Media Networks: the starting Core Package gets you access to Disney’s entire network suite including ABC, ESPN, Disney Channel, Freeform, FX, and National Geographic. Vidgo states it is the only streaming provider to offer this in their basic package.
- Live sports from around the world: Vidgo features some of the most popular sports networks including ESPN, Fox Sports, NFL Network, PAC-12 Network, and beIN Sports.
- Live local channels in select markets: in certain areas of the country, you can watch local channels from ABC, FOX, and My Network TV. At the moment, the live local channels are available in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh/Durham, and Fresno. Vidgo stated in its recent press release that more markets are on the way.
Vidgo Channel Lineup
Vidgo Core Package – includes 60+ channels. Vidgo channel selection includes:
Core Channels – A&E, ABC, ACC Network, Animal Planet, Aspire, BeIn Sports – English, BET, Big Ten Network, Cheddar, CMT, Comedy Central, Curiosity Stream, Discovery, Disney, Disney Jr., Disney XD, DIY, ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ESPN U, ESPN2, ESPNews, Food Network, Fox, Fox Business, Fox Deportes, Fox News, Freeform, FS 1, FS 2, FX, FXM, FXX, FYI, Game Show Network, Hallmark, Hallmark Drama, Hallmark Movies, HGTV, History, ID Discovery, INSP, Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, Longhorn, MAVTV, Motor Trend, MTV, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, NFL Network, Nick Jr, Nickelodeon, OWN, PAC -12 NETWORK, Paramount Network, Science, SEC Network, Stadium, Teen Nick, TLC, Travel Channel, TV Land, Uptv, VH1, Viceland
Vidgo Plus Package – includes 80+ channels. Vidgo channel selection includes:
Extra channels on Plus – ABC, AHC, CMT Music, Cooking Channel, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, ESPN Goal Line/Bases Loaded, Fusion, Law & Crime, Motortrend, MTV Classic, MTV2, Nat Geo, NFL Redzone, Nick Toons, PAC -12 NETWORK Los Angeles, PAC -12 NETWORK Arizona, PAC -12 NETWORK Bay Area, PAC -12 NETWORK Mountain, PAC -12 NETWORK Oregon, PAC -12 NETWORK Washington, SEC, Stadium Regional, Velocity
Vidgo Latino Package – includes 15 channels. Vidgo channel lineup includes:
Baby TV, BeIN Sports – Spanish, Discovery En Espanol, Discovery Familia (DF), ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, Fox Life, History Channel Espanol, Nat Geo Mundo, Telefe, Teleformula, TV Azteca, TV Dominica, TYC Sports, WAPA America
Vigo Latino Mas Package – includes 37 channels. Vidgo channel lineup includes:
Altres Series, Antenna 3, Atrecine, Bandamax, Canal Sur, Canal52MX, Centroamerica TV, Cinelatino, De Pelicula, De Pelicula Clasico, Ecuavisa, estudio5, Foro TV, Hola TV, NTN24, Nuestra Tele, Pasiones, RCN Novelas, Ritmoson, Teleformula, Telehit, TeleNovelas, TV Dominica, VideoRola
The starting package for Vidgo is $39.99 per month. Compared to other services, this is a competitive price point because of the amount of channels Vidgo offers. There is a 7-day free trial, so you don’t need to pay the $39.99 per month to try it out. Below is the full breakdown of Vidgo pricing:
- Core Package – $39.99 per month with 60+ channels
- Plus Package – $49.99 per month with 80+ channels
- Latino Package – $14.99 per month with 15+ channels
- Latino Mas Package – $24.99 per month with 25+ channels
Vidgo Review: Pros & Cons
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons for a quick recap of our Vidgo review:
- Great value for the price with 60+ channels for $39.99 per month
- Multiple package options for more flexibility
- No contract, so you can cancel at any time
- Able to watch live sports, shows, and news
- Features entire Disney suite of networks
- Live local channels in select markets
- Works on popular streaming devices
- Allows for simultaneous streaming from three devices
- Great social watching experience, especially on mobile
- Live local channels not available nationwide as of now
- Does not include NBC channels (local networks or others like CNBC, NBC Sports)
Overall, the reviews for Vidgo are positive and suggest it’s a solid option for a cable replacement streaming service. It’s a newer service, so there may be some bugs to work out, but for the value and channels offered it’s worth it for you to start a free trial.
Is Vidgo worth It?
Vidgo is an affordable service overall. It’s a great option for most folks who find affordability as an attractive option. Also, if you are unsure of whether or not this is the right service for you then you can try before you commit with their 7-day free trial. What is Vidgo offering to make it worthwhile?
Vidgo offers the full suite of networks from Disney Media Networks including ESPN, ESPN2 ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ESPN Desportes, SEC Network, ACC Network, Longhorn Network, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Mundo, Baby TV, and Fox Life.
It’s a great service and is definitely worth a try. Remember Vidgo does not require a contract or commitment so you cancel at anytime.
And remember, you can try Vidgo free for 7 days to see if it’s the right streaming service for you.