History is a popular nationwide cable channel that offers historical documentaries, reality shows, and even some original fictional shows. While some of the shows don’t have too much to do in the way of history, they are entertaining, nonetheless. If you’re into reality TV you’ll find American Pickers, Alone, and Pawn Stars on History. They also offer Vikings, Knightfall, Project Blue Book, and other popular shows. Even though History is considered a cable channel, you can watch History online without cable.
There are multiple streaming services that will give you access to the History live stream. Each of these services offers a cheap and easy way to watch your favorite cable channels without cable. Even better, none of these services require a contract, so when you’re ready to cancel, you can. Sign up is easy, so let’s find out the best services for you to watch History online!
Table Of Contents
- 0.1 How to Watch History Online Without Cable: At a Glance
- 0.2 Using Streaming Services to Watch History Online
- 0.3 Watch History Streaming without Cable on fuboTV
- 0.4 Watch the History Live Stream on Hulu with Live TV
- 0.5 Watch History Streaming via Sling TV
- 0.6 Watch History Online on Philo
- 0.7 Watch History Online on Vidgo
- 1 How to Watch Other Entertainment Channels without Cable
How to Watch History Online Without Cable: At a Glance
The hardest part of watching History streaming online is finding a service that works for you. Luckily, you have several services to choose from, which should help make the decision a little easier. Two of the most popular options to get a History live stream include Philo and fuboTV. After you learn a little bit about these two options, you’ll have a chance to explore all of the ways you can watch History online.
Philo is an exciting service because it’s bound to save you the most money! For just $25 per month, you get around 60 channels. History, Animal Planet, Discovery, Lifetime, OWN, and many other channels are included. Prices are low, in part, because no sports channels are included. Accounts include an on-demand library and an unlimited cloud-based DVR. You can stream Philo on the most popular devices including mobile devices, Apple TV, Roku, and many others. Philo even offers a free weeklong trial.
fuboTV is another awesome service. While Philo doesn’t offer any sports content, fuboTV offers tons! This package offers over 100 channels and over 30 of those channels are sports channels. Of course, you’ll also have plenty of general entertainment, including the History live stream. Each package includes a 3-day replay in the on-demand library, a cloud-DVR, and several other features. You can stream History on Apple TV, iOS/Android, computers, Roku, and other devices. Try fuboTV free for 7-days.
Using Streaming Services to Watch History Online
Streaming services are popular for a lot of reasons, but in the end, why someone makes the switch from cable to streaming is often based on personal preference. Some people want to save more money. Others enjoy the freedom of not being tied down to a contract. There are also the people that enjoy the extra ways they can watch TV. Whatever reason people decide to switch, it’s clear that streaming isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. With that in mind, here are some reasons you might want to consider streaming services over cable:
- It’s a big money saver – While prices do vary on every streaming package, the average cost of streaming is much cheaper than cable. Most cable packages cost as much as $100 or more per month, on average. Meanwhile, the streaming average is $64.99 per month. Even then, you can use Philo to watch History online for just $25 per month! It’s hard to beat such big savings!
- Watch more TV – Do you spend a lot of time stuck in traffic or in an Uber or on a bus during your daily commute? Use your mobile device to watch some TV! Streaming services connect to the internet, which means you have TV access basically anywhere. Most services work with a wide variety of streaming devices. This means you have even more ways to watch TV.
- More ways to watch TV – Live TV is always going to be amazing, but you shouldn’t have to miss out because you’re not available when your favorite shows are airing. Most streaming services offer on-demand libraries, which allow you to watch TV when you want. Many also offer access to TV Everywhere apps, which means more ways to watch both live and on-demand TV. You may also have a cloud-based DVR, so you can save what you want and watch it when you want.
- Free trials & no commitments – Perhaps the best thing about streaming services are their commitment to their customers. They want you to end up with the package you want. That’s why most services offer a free trial, so you can try things out before you invest any money. Likewise, you won’t sign a contract. If you don’t want a service, you’ll be able to cancel through your online account by clicking a few buttons. It couldn’t be an easier process!
With that in mind, it’s time to check out all of the ways that you can watch History online without cable!
Watch History Streaming without Cable on fuboTV
fuboTV has a lot of available channels and the chance to add even more! You’ll start with 100+ channels for $64.99 per month. If you want more, there are dozens of other available channels. Over 30 sports channels are included. You’ll also have some local channels, Animal Planet, AMC, TNT, TBS, Comedy Central, and of course, History. You can watch TV live or on-demand using Roku, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, Chromecast, computers, and more. Other fuboTV details:
- 100+ channels
- $64.99 each month
- Try out the 3-day replay that comes with the on-demand library
- Space is upgradeable in the cloud-based DVR
- Roku, Amazon Fire TV, computers, mobile devices, and other devices are compatible
- Add dozens of other channels to your package for a fee
fuboTV is a contract-free service, so you only have to be a subscriber for as long as you want to be. If you’re unsatisfied you can even cancel during the free one-week trial! Our fuboTV review has full details on this service to help get you started.
Watch the History Live Stream on Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV combines several of the most popular cable channels with the packed on-demand library that Hulu offers. Over 60 live channels are included and History is one of them. This package is available for $64.99 per month. You can watch on most devices. You’ll even have your own cloud-based DVR with 50-hours of space. Movie channels can also be added for a small fee. Here are some more highlights:
- 60+ channels and Hulu on-demand in one package
- $64.99 per month with no contracts
- Local channels are included in most areas
- Several user profiles are available
- Get your first week free with the Hulu Live trial offer
- Watch on most devices – computers, Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, mobile devices, etc.
Hulu Live has something for everyone in the family, whether it’s live or on-demand. You can stream your favorite cable channels alongside Hulu Originals. You’ll get the first week for free and if you’re not happy, you can cancel at any point. Our Hulu with Live TV review can fill you in on more details.
Watch History Streaming via Sling TV
Sling TV offers three packages and a History live stream is available in each of them. The two cheapest packages are available for $35 per month. This makes Sling TV one of the cheapest ways to stream History without cable. Depending on your package you’ll have channels like AMC, TNT, USA, Syfy, Freeform, TBS, NBCSN, ESPN, and many others. You can stream on most devices including Roku, mobile devices, and many others. Sling TV allows you to customize your package in a variety of ways, so if you want more channels, you’ll have plenty of options. Here are some extra details on Sling TV:
- Sling Orange and Sling Blue both cost $35 a month
- If you want a larger package, you can combine the two packages into one for $50
- Numerous add-on packages are available for a fee
- No contracts!
- A Sling TV free trial lasts for the first week!
- A cloud-DVR is now included in each package
- Stream on Roku, smart TVs, Fire TV, computers, mobile devices, Apple TV, and more
Sling TV offers a great service, especially if you want to customize your package. There are a number of add-ons available. You won’t sign any contracts, so you’re free to modify your package whenever you want. You can cancel your service at any time, too. If you’re curious, you can find out more with our Sling TV review.
Watch History Online on Philo
Philo has one package with 60+ available channels. This package is the cheapest in streaming, at just $25 per month. The main reason prices are so low is that there are no sports channels included. Local channels are also missing. Still, this package offers over 60 nationwide channels, a cloud-DVR with unlimited space, and more for just $25. You can stream History and other networks on Philo with Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, mobile devices, Chromecast, and more. Here are the highlights:
- $25 a month
- More than 60 channels including History, OWN, Comedy Central, Discovery, and more
- Sports and local channels are absent, allowing prices to be at their lowest
- Philo is a contract-free service
- A free one-week trial is available
- Watch on Apple TV, mobile devices, Roku, computers, and more
- Philo offers a cloud-based DVR with unlimited space
Philo will start you off with a free weeklong trial. This is the perfect opportunity to try out the features while you watch some free TV. If you’re satisfied, just keep watching TV and you’ll be charged when your trial is over. If not, you can cancel before the end of the trial, and you won’t have to pay a thing. Our Philo review has more details.
Watch History Online on Vidgo
Vidgo gives you the option of two packages and History is streaming in both of them. The cheaper package is available for $55 a month. This package includes 60 channels. You’ll be able to watch a variety of channels including History, Discovery, ESPN, Comedy Central, and much more. The main difference between this and other streaming services is that Vidgo only offers live TV. Features like an on-demand library are not included. Here are the highlights:
- Take your pick of two packages
- Get 95+ channels for $55 a month
- Both packages include a History live stream
- Simultaneous streaming is allowed on multiple devices
- Vidgo is a contract-free service
- A free one-week trial is available
- Stream on many popular devices including Roku and mobile devices
Vidgo is a great option if your main concern is finding ways to stream live TV. Like with other services, you won’t be bound to a contract, so you can cancel when you want. If you’re looking to learn more, a great way to do that is to check out our Vidgo review.
How to Watch Other Entertainment Channels without Cable
Looking for info on how to watch another channel without cable? Check out the chart below.
|BET||Hallmark Mysteries & Movies||TruTV|
|Comedy Central||HGTV||TV Land|
|Discovery Channel||Investigation Discovery||VH1|
History offers a lot of popular shows, but until recently you’ve needed cable to watch it. Thanks to the rise of streaming services, now there are several ways to watch History online without cable. Streaming services are easy to use and even easier to sign up for. You can be streaming your favorite channels in just a few minutes! And since you won’t have to sign a contract, you’ll be free to cancel any service at any time.
Hopefully you’ve learned everything you need to know to watch History online, but if you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments!