Find the Perfect Cable TV Alternative
Using the Streaming TV Services Matrix below you can easily figure out which streaming service is right for you. If you know what channels your favorite shows are on, then you know what channels you need to prioritize.
Like with most things, one size does not fit all. You need to balance out cost and channel selection to find the cable TV alternative right for you.
Note: I did not include any packages of $50 or more. I made this decision because I don’t feel that packages at this price point are meant for cord cutters, nor do I believe they will help you save money. If you are looking for advice on robust TV packages, then you have come to the wrong place.
- PlayStation Vue offers a Cloud DVR
- Sling TV offers a Cloud DVR on Fire TV (soon across all devices)
- DirectTV Now does not offer DVR functionality
- Web Channels Page – referenced below (free channels)
- Sling TV Free Trial | Overview Article
- PS Vue Overview Article
- DirecTV Now Free Trial
- “Add-On“ refers to Add-On packages available through these services. They include multiple channels for one monthly sum.
- “Stand-Alone“ refers to Channels you can sign up for on there own. No additional packages are required to order these channels.
- If the below text is too small to read, simply zoom in on the page
If you see any errors on this matrix please let me know. I spent a lot of time trying to make it perfect, but do expect that channel selection will change from time to time – across these different TV streaming services.
I am planning to add a number of things to this matrix. First of all will be Fubo TV. And then, when details emerge, I will add YouTube’s new TV service.
Latest posts by Helen Back (see all)
- F1 Live Stream: How to Watch Formula 1 Online without Cable - 07/10/2020
- What is Disney+? Review, Price, Shows & More - 07/03/2020
- fuboTV ESPN: Finally, They Come Together - 06/29/2020