The NBA Draft lineup has been announced with the New Orleans Pelicans, Memphis Grizzlies, and the New York Knicks rounding out the top three teams for top picks in the first round. Even though the major basketball events are over for the year, it’s worth watching the NBA Draft live stream to see how next season might end up. If you don’t have cable, there are ways to watch the NBA Draft online free without cable!
If you want to watch NBA Draft without cable, you’ll need a streaming service that offers ESPN. Luckily, you’ve got plenty to choose from. All of the following services will even allow you the chance to use their service free, so you can make sure streaming is right for you. The following sections will tell you how to watch the NBA Draft without cable on June 20 at 8:30 p.m. ET on ESPN.
How to Watch the NBA Draft Without Cable: At a Glance
Watching the NBA Draft live stream is easy whether you have cable or not. While cable used to be necessary if you wanted to watch sports, these days you just need a decent streaming service and you’ll be all set. Speaking of streaming services, here are two of our top picks if you’re planning to watch the NBA Draft without cable. A more complete list is available further in this guide.
Sling TV (free 7-day trial) is one of the best choices, especially if you’re interested in the cheapest possible packages. Over 30+ channels are included in the Sling Orange package with ESPN for $25 per month. If you want more channels there are several add-on options to enjoy. This gives you a chance to design your own package without going over your budget. You can watch on mobile devices, gaming consoles, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and most other streaming and mobile devices.
Hulu with Live TV (free 7-day trial) is one popular option that offers ESPN, Disney, FX, USA, TNT, and many other popular channels. You’ll have 60 channels of live TV and Hulu’s classic on-demand streaming service in one package. This plan is $45 and with no hidden fees that’s what you’ll pay unless you upgrade your plan. Upgrades are available for the cloud-DVR and the number of devices you can stream on at one time. You can watch Hulu Live on most streaming and mobile devices including Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, mobile devices, and more.
Using Streaming Services to Watch the NBA Draft Without Cable
Streaming services are another way to watch TV. Instead of signing up for cable, a streaming service offers a similar service for less money with more options. There are a lot of streaming services out there, so if you’re new to streaming this section will tell you more about the benefits of streaming. You’ll learn all about how easy watching TV without cable can be.
- Pricing – Cable is notorious for their high prices. Many cable packages are over $100 per month and include dozens of channels that you never watch. Streaming services offer less channels, but that’s because they often remove all the fillers that no one is watching. So, you’ll receive many of the most popular channels in packages that average $50 a month, sometimes less! Just think about all the money you’ll save!
- Contract-Free – Remember having to sign contracts when you had cable? Gone are those days! Now you can pick any streaming service you want and enjoy their service for as long as you want, without any contracts. Even better, most of these services including all of the ones listed below, offer a free trial. This means that you’ll have a chance to check out each service to make sure they are right for you.
- Stream on Many Devices – You can watch TV from almost anywhere when you’re streaming. While with cable you’re hooked up to a cable box, streaming services require a streaming device. Several device options are available, and you probably already own some of them! Common devices include Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, gaming consoles, PCs, mobile devices, and more. Most services allow you to stream on as many devices as possible so that you have options.
- Watch your favorite channels for less money – Streaming packages average around $50 per month or less.
- Enjoy most streaming services contract-free
- All of the services below offer some kind of free trial option
- Stream on a variety of devices and watch from virtually anywhere
Now let’s go over the ways you can watch NBA Draft without cable!
Watch the NBA Draft without Cable on Sling TV
Sling TV is your best budget streaming option if you want to watch sports without cable. The Sling Orange package includes ESPN and 30+ channels for $25 per month. If you want more than 30 channels, you can upgrade to the Orange + Blue pack for 50+ channels or you can add on channels using channel bundles. Sling TV is contract-free, so you can cancel at any time. You can also add on a cloud-DVR. Here is more on Sling TV:
- Great budget option
- Enjoy 30+ channels in the Sling Orange package
- ESPN and many other channels are included
- Great option to watch NBA online
- Plans from $25/month
- Stream Sling TV for a week free
- An on-demand library is included, but cloud-DVR requires an extra fee
- Stream on Apple TV, Fire TV devices, Roku, Chromecast, mobile devices, and more
Sling TV is what you want if you need an inexpensive package. Starting at $25/month, you’ll have a mix of news, sports, and general entertainment channels. Over 30 channels are included, and you can add many others. Streaming is possible on mobile devices, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, gaming consoles, and many other devices. You can check out Sling TV free for a week during the Sling TV free trial, letting you watch the NBA Draft online free.
You can learn more in our Sling TV review.
Watch the NBA Draft Live Stream without Cable using Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV offers a great option if you’re ready to replace cable. While they originally offered a huge on-demand service filled with previously aired content and Hulu Originals, you can now get over 60+ live channels to go with the on-demand service. This package is $45 per month and it includes several ESPN networks. With Hulu Live your package also includes a cloud-DVR and you can use WatchESPN and other TV Everywhere apps. Here are the highlights:
- 60+ channels and Hulu on-demand
- Watch ESPN without cable, TNT, Freeform, FX, USA, TBS, and more
- Local channels can be found in more areas
- Plans start from $45
- Hulu Live begins with a free weeklong trial
- Watch on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, iOS and Android, and more
- The cloud-DVR features 50-hours of cloud-space
Hulu with Live TV gives you a great combination of live and on-demand content. If you want to watch the NBA Draft online after it airs, you can record it on your cloud-based DVR. Streaming is possible on two devices at once or you can upgrade for unlimited streams. Streaming is possible on most streaming and mobile devices. If you want to give Hulu Live a try, you can start by signing up for the Hulu Live free 7-day trial.
Our Hulu with Live TV review can tell you more.
Watch the NBA Draft Live Streaming on PlayStation Vue
PlayStation Vue features four package options. Each package offers ESPN, so you’re free to choose any package and watch the NBA Draft stream. The basic package includes 45+ channels for $45 per month. Along with ESPN, some other channels you might have include local channels, AMC, FX, USA, TNT, Syfy, and many other channels. You can stream on five devices simultaneously. Device options include PS3/PS4, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, and more. Here’s more on PS Vue:
- Get 45+ channels or choose a larger package
- No contracts
- Local channels can be found in many areas
- All plans include ESPN, AMC, ESPN2, USA, TNT, Syfy, and more
- Watch more content on-demand or with TV Everywhere apps
- The cloud-DVR features 28-day storage
- Stream on 5 devices simultaneously
- Watch on PS3/PS4, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, mobile devices, and more
PS Vue is a great choice for families. They offer the chance to make user profiles for everyone and offers a cloud-DVR with 28-day storage. If you’d like to try PlayStation Vue, there’s a free 5-day PS Vue trial available. Streaming options include PS3 and PS4 consoles, but many other options are available. You can also use Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, and more.
Don’t forget to visit our PS Vue review to learn more.
Watch the NBA Draft Online without Cable with DIRECTV NOW
DIRECTV NOW features ESPN in their base package that includes 40 channels for $50. The one thing that makes this package special is that it includes multiple HBO channels. Other plans are also available that offer more channels, though they can get on the more expensive end of streaming. Package options include many popular features including TV Everywhere apps, an on-demand library, and a cloud-DVR with limited space.
Here’s more on DIRECTV NOW:
- Take your pick of multiple packages
- 40+ channels from $50 a month
- HBO is in some packages
- Some areas offer local channels
- on-demand access is available nationwide
- A cloud-DVR is included
- Watch on Apple TV, computers, Chromecast, Fire TV, Roku, mobile devices, and more
DIRECTV NOW offers some popular channels, but in comparison to other plans you may end up paying more and getting less. Other than the higher prices, DIRECTV NOW offers many of the popular features that other services offer. You can watch TV Everywhere apps like WatchESPN, save shows to the cloud-DVR, and watch shows in the on-demand library. If you’re interested in trying DIRECTV NOW, you can sign up for the DIRECTV NOW weeklong trial.
You can find out more in our DIRECTV NOW review.
Watch the NBA Draft Live Stream on YouTube TV
YouTube TV is another option if you want to watch the NBA Draft online free without cable. Over 70 channels are included with this package for $50 per month. ESPN is included along with local channels in many areas, USA, Syfy, TNT, and many other channels. You can watch TV Everywhere apps from WatchESPN to FOX Sports Go. There’s also an on-demand library included. Here are some additional details about YouTube TV:
- Watch over 70 channels for $50 a month
- Local channels can be found in most areas
- No contracts!
- Works on Apple TV, computers, mobile devices, Chromecast, and Roku
- Unlimited space is offered with the cloud-DVR
YouTube TV will work best for a lot of families. You can make user profiles, stream on multiple devices at the same time, and record what you want on your cloud-based DVR. The DVR offers unlimited space and will hold recordings for nine months at a time. You can stream on most streaming and mobile devices. If you’re interested in checking out YouTube TV, you can sign up for the YouTube TV trial, which lasts for seven days. Our YouTube TV review has even more info.
There are several great ways to watch the NBA Draft online without cable. As long as the service offers ESPN, you’ll be good to go. Many of the packages also allow you to use the WatchESPN TV Everywhere app. Depending on the service you choose you can even save the NBA Draft live stream to the cloud-DVR. Remember, you can sign up for one of the free trials above and watch the NBA Draft online free.
Now that you know all the ways there are to watch the NBA Draft online without cable you should be all set! If you have questions about streaming the NBA Draft, feel free to let us know!
Thinking about cutting the cord once and for all? Learn more about how to get rid of cable TV for good!
Latest posts by Helen Back (see all)
- What is Quibi? Review, Price, Shows & More - 04/05/2020
- Watch The Last Dance Michael Jordan Documentary Online - 04/04/2020
- Streaming Service Free Trials - 03/31/2020