Back in 1962, the Houston Astros entered the scene as an NL expansion team. Of course, back then they were known as the Colt .45s. Three years later, the team took on the name the Astros, as a reflection of Houston’s history with the space program. In 2017, the team won its first World Series, and has had great success since. Many fans have kept cable over the years to keep up with the Astros, but you no longer need cable to watch sports. Now you can watch Houston Astros games online without cable!
You can watch most channels without cable. Streaming services offer multiple channel packages with anywhere from 30 to over 100 channels depending on the package. As long as you find the channels you need, you won’t have any trouble watching the Houston Astros without cable. fuboTV (free 7-day trial) is a good option. Of course, this is just one of available services, and by the end of this guide, you’ll know all the ways you can watch the Houston Astros online without cable!
Stream the Houston Astros Games without Cable
If you want to watch the MLB you’ll quickly find that games will air on multiple channels. Local channels like FOX will air games. You’ll also find local area games on AT&T SportsNet Southwest. Nationwide channels will also air Houston Astros games live. Beyond local and regional channels, you might need:
- AT&T SportsNet Southwest (most regular season games)
- ESPN, ESPN2 and other ESPN Networks (some regular season games, MLB playoffs)
- MLB Network (playoffs)
- FS1 (playoffs)
- TBS (playoffs)
- FOX (playoffs & World Series)
In most cases, the hardest part of streaming is choosing the right streaming service for you. Luckily, you have several options and all of them offer something positive. Once you choose the service, you can be signed up and watching TV within minutes. You’ll need a streaming device that’s connected to the Internet. Some options include Roku, gaming consoles, smart TVs, Chromecast, Apple TV, and others. As devices connect to the internet, you’ll be free to watch from just about anywhere!
Watch the Houston Astros Games Streaming on fuboTV
fuboTV makes another great choice for sports streaming. Sports have always been the focus of fuboTV. Of course, these days fuboTV offers more than just sports. The whole family will find something to watch in this package with over 95 channels!
Features of fuboTV include:
- $55 a month
- Over 95 channels — the only streaming service to carry AT&T SportsNet Southwest as of this time
- ESPN is missing, but FOX is available most markets. FS1 and other channels are included
- Recently added MLB Network
- A variety of add-on channels are available
- An upgradeable cloud-DVR is included
- Stream on computers, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, mobile devices, etc.
- Our fuboTV review has all the details you need
The fuboTV free 7-day trial is your best chance to watch some free TV. It’s also your chance to figure out if this is the right streaming service for you. Remember, there are no contracts, so you’re free to cancel whenever you want!
Watch the Astros Games Live without Cable on Sling TV
Sling TV is affordable, easy to use, and doesn’t require any contracts. Local channels are limited, but you’ll have access to ESPN, ESPN2, TBS, and much more with the Sling Orange package. At $25 per month, this is one of the cheapest streaming packages available. You can also add MLB Network to watch even more baseball, for a small fee.
Sling TV Details:
- Sling Orange is $30 per month
- FOX and FS1 are missing, but ESPN, ESPN2, and TBS are available
- Add the Sports Extra bundle for MLB Network access
- Cancel whenever you want – No contracts!
- 30+ channels
- Watch more in the on-demand library or through TV Everywhere apps
- Watch through Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, mobile devices, Fire TV, and more
- Our Sling TV review has even more details
You won’t really know if this is the right service for you until you try it. Luckily, Sling TV offers you a full week to figure things out. All you need to do is sign up for the Sling TV 7-day trial, to get started!
Other Ways to Watch the Houston Astros without Cable
If you’re looking for other services that will help you stream the Astros without cable, you’re in the right spot. Here are the remaining services you can use to watch the Astros and other MLB teams this season!
Hulu with Live TV – $55 per month gets you 60+ channels. You can watch local channels in most areas. Nationwide options include FS1, ESPN, TBS, and much more. A cloud-DVR is included. Our Hulu Live review is here with more details.
Now you know how to watch sports online without cable. If you’re still uncertain about something make sure to ask your questions about Houston Astros streaming in the comments!