A Letter to Cable TV Executives
Back in 2015 I started to ask fellow cordcutters a very simple question that I believe really tells us a lot about how people feel about their cable service.
The question I asked was: “If you had a chance to speak to an executive at one of these large cable companies – what would you want them to know?
The responses I have received have been very insightful and I believe paint a clear picture of the change consumers want to see.
For a full list of the tweets used
to compile this list click here
Highest Paid TV Executives
Before we get into what Cord Cutters have to say, lets take a look at a list of the highest paid TV executives as of 2015:
- Former Time Warner Cable CEO Rob Marcus
- Total compensation (2015): $92,300,000
- Salary: $22,600,000
- Comcast CFO Michael Cavanagh
- Total compensation (2015): $40,646,246
- Salary: $1,800,000
- Comcast CEO Brian Roberts
- Total compensation (2015): $36,248,269
- Salary: $2,928,748
- AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson
- Total compensation (2015): $25,145,914
- Salary: $1,741,667
- Former Cablevision CEO James Dolan
- Total compensation (2015): $24,574,453
- Salary: $2,000,000
- Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam
- Total compensation (2015): $18,343,660
- Salary: $1,661,538
- Charter CEO Tom Rutledge
- Total compensation (2015): $16,361,387
- Salary: $2,000,000
- AT&T Entertainment Group CEO John Stankey
- Total compensation (2015): $10,040,810
- Salary: $941,667
Cord Cutters Speak Up
Below is a list of my favorite responses over the last 2 years – in chronological order:
@JoeWatchesTV That overselling their systems, not having the tech backup to actually service subscribers, is what kills them.
@ToutouleNtoya They need to give their customers what they want. Affordable service because their real competitors are
That they are greedy and should lower their prices also listen to the customer!
@CoastalReturns Why they didn’t think of Netflix first
@murfdog If you want to save your company look to the streaming model it works. Save the money of high priced transmitters & use IPTV
@K_Crosetto All I need is 25 channels – let me choose the ones I want. Do that and we would come back.
Tell execs we don’t want hundreds of stations. Don’t want house phone. Need cheaper internet.
@pckarma112 That they are despised and cause more stress than a heart attack. A question. How much is enough?
Do you have to steal too?
@sek_ray Their prices are hurting people & causing them to go other directions…
@WeekendSportsUp Offer customized packages or cash your stock options now, cause they’ll be worthless in a few years.
Latest posts by Helen Back (see all)
- F1 Live Stream: How to Watch Formula 1 Online without Cable - 07/10/2020
- What is Disney+? Review, Price, Shows & More - 07/03/2020
- fuboTV ESPN: Finally, They Come Together - 06/29/2020