Hulu is a classic streaming service, and probably the most famous alongside Netflix. Although there are many contenders in the streaming space now, Hulu is competitive partly because of its massive library of on-demand content.
Here’s our Hulu review at-a-glance:
- Hulu is an on-demand streaming service
- It costs $5.99 a month, with no contract
- You can cancel any time
- Available without cable
- Watch on-demand shows, movies and more
- Huge library of classic and recent movies and TV shows, including cartoons and content for kids
- Watch on mobile devices, smart TV’s, Roku and more
Hulu lets you stream content to your devices without being tied to cable, and has different content than Netflix or other streaming services. You can also now bundle it with other services like Disney+ (more on that below), or upgrade to Hulu Live to get 60+ channels live streamed.
How Does Hulu Work?
Here’s the rundown on what Hulu has to offer:
- $5.99 a month for the version with limited commercials and $11.99/ month for the ad-free version.
- FREE 30-day trial.
- Huge library of current and past hit TV shows
- Gets many new shows in season within days of airing.
- Available on just about every device.
- Also includes the Hulu on-demand library, which rivals Netflix
What Shows & Movies Are on Hulu?
Hulu Monthly Price
As mentioned, Hulu is $5.99 a month to watch with limited commercials and $11.99 a month for the ad-free version. If you want to explore other options, check out Hulu Live or the Disney+/ESPN+ bundle (more on that below). Or, sign up for Hulu On Demand now.
Hulu Devices: How Can I Watch?
You can stream Hulu content to virtually any device: TV, phones, tablets, gaming consoles, media players, PC’s, and other devices, so you can always keep up with your favorite content. Watch Hulu on the go as you go about your daily life!
Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+: Bundle Deal
- If you already have the Hulu/Spotify bundle, you can’t sign up for this one. Also, after signing up for this bundle, you can’t switch your Hulu plan
- If you have ESPN+ standalone, you would have access to 5 simultaneous streams. This bundle gets you 2 simultaneous ESPN+ streams
- Hulu’s limited commercials standalone service provides 2 simultaneous streams, but bundle customers will be limited to 1 stream.
However, you can stream Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ all at the same time across your different devices, so this could be a great option for a family that wants access to stream all types of content, from crowd-pleasing family friendly content on Disney+ to adult dramas on Hulu to sports on ESPN+. Sign up for the bundle deal here.
Hulu Pros & Cons
Of course, there are always pros and cons as with any streaming service you select. Here are the pros and cons of Hulu:
- Very affordable ($5.99 a month)
- 30-day free trial
- No contract
- No commercials
- Streams to most devices
- Available without cable (and can be cancelled any time)
- Great selection for kids
- Many exclusive original shows and movies that appeal to the whole family
- You don’t get live content. You won’t be able to watch episodes of your favorite show on the day they air, but will have to wait for on-demand.
- Hulu content doesn’t include shows and content that are exclusive to Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, or other services
Hulu vs Hulu Live
Is Hulu Worth It?
At just $5.99 a month, and with a free one month trial, Hulu is a very low risk choice in the streaming market, and easily outstrips most of the competition when it comes to affordability. However, if live streaming is important to you, obviously you’ll want to look into Hulu Live or another service. Overall, with Hulu classic you’ll get access to thousands of movies and TV shows on-demand for a low $5.99 a month, which is a great deal. Try it now for 30 days. You can also read our article to find out what is new on Hulu this month.