On Thursday, January 23rd, the Winter X Games begin in Aspen, Colorado. The 2020 games will run through January 26th, featuring the best extremes sports on the snow. If you don’t have cable, you might be wondering how you can watch the Winter X Games online. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to catch the action. Read the guide below for all the info.
How to Stream the Winter X Games
The majority of the X Games coverage occurs on ABC and ESPN. While ABC is a local broadcast network, meaning you can watch it for free with an antenna, ESPN is a cable channel. However, in 2020, there are a handful of ways you can live stream both ABC and ESPN. Two of the easiest ways are Hulu with Live TV and Sling TV.
Each of the two service gives access to multiple channels, including ESPN. Hulu Live also includes live streams of ABC in most areas. And Sling TV includes ESPN3, which simulcasts all ABC sporting events. So in terms of trying to watch the Winter X Games online, both services will have you covered.
Whether you’re cutting the cord or you never had cable in the first place, there are tons of reasons to use a service like Hulu Live or Sling instead of the traditional pay TV model. Not only are these services cheaper than cable (ranging from $30-55 a month), but they don’t have contracts or hidden fees. You can cancel at any time, and the price listed is the price you pay. And not only that, streaming services typically offer free trials, meaning you can use a service like Sling TV to live stream the Winter X Games free.
Watch the Winter X Games without Cable on Hulu Live
Hulu with Live TV gives you access to live content, as well as Hulu’s traditional on-demand service. It’s like cable+Netflix… but cheaper! Hulu Live highlights:
- Watch 60+ channels
- Hulu on-demand service included
- Watch on Hulu or use TV Everywhere apps like WatchESPN
- Multiple user profiles
- Local channels on Hulu
- $55 per month
- Free Hulu Live trial
- No contract
- Watch on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, mobile, and more
Get a Winter X Games Live Stream with Sling TV
Sling TV is the cheapest way to watch the Winter X Games online. The Sling Orange package is $30 a month and includes ESPN and ESPN3.
More details on Sling TV:
- Sling Orange: $30 per month
- Start with 30+ channels in Orange package
- Plenty of add on packages, as well as local channels in select areas
- Free DVR to record the Winter X Games
- Watch Sling TV free for a week
- Watch on most any devices
- Special promos always running, like $10 off first month
There’s no need to miss the Winter X Games if you don’t have cable. Try a streaming service to watch with a free trial. And let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.
Latest posts by Helen Back (see all)
- How to Watch College Football Without Cable - 09/19/2020
- How to Watch Notre Dame Football Online without Cable - 09/19/2020
- How to Watch Thursday Night Football Online without Cable - 09/17/2020