On any holiday traditions will vary from family to family, but one that remains a constant for nearly everyone is watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. For many, this parade is the start to their Thanksgiving celebration. It’s a great way to kick off the holiday watching all of the floats go by with the live music that is performed on them. It’s usually a great time for everyone. While there’s nothing like seeing the Macy’s Parade float by you on a New York City street, if you’re like most people, you’ll be watching from home. Do you need a way to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade online? If so, keep reading because we have all of your options right here!
Like most years, you can catch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC. Things get started around 9 a.m. ET and it’s well worth getting up early to watch. If you don’t have cable, you still have ways to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade live stream. You can watch NBC on digital antennas in most areas. Of course, if you don’t have one, you may still have ways to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade online with services like like fuboTV (free 7-day trial).
How to Watch Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Online Without Cable: At a Glance
The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade usually airs on NBC and this year is no different. You can watch NBC in a variety of ways. If you don’t have cable you can either use a digital antenna or you can use a streaming service. An antenna allows you to watch local channels for free. Streaming services vary based on your package, but generally average around $50 per month. As this is half the cost of cable, more and more continue to make the switch. There are several services you can use to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade online. Here are two of the most popular options:
fuboTV: fuboTV offers over 95 channels of local and nationwide content. NBC is one of the available channels and it’s available live in many areas. If you don’t get NBC live, you can stream the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on-demand or through the NBC TV Everywhere app. This package is especially great for sports fans, as there are multiple sports channels included. Plans start at $55 per month, but remember, you can try it free for a week and watch the parade online free.
Hulu with Live TV: Hulu Live is always a popular choice when it comes to local channels because they are offered in more areas than with any other service. While local channels are based on location, Hulu Live strives to make sure that as many homes have some or all available local channels as possible. You can also watch local channels and more with TV Everywhere apps. Over 60 nationwide channels are included, as well. This package is available currently for $45, though in mid-December the price will increase to $55/month.
You can learn more about these and other services if you keep reading!
Stream the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with a Streaming Service
If you’re interested in having your TV all in one place, you may not want a digital antenna. That’s fine because there are streaming channels that can allow you to replace cable. These services give you the look and feel of cable without the ridiculously high prices. Streaming may seem intimidating if you’ve never done it before but it’s actually quite easy. While you’re pondering cutting the cord, here are some reasons many people continue to make the switch:
- Prices are Cheaper – You can save anywhere from 40-50% off the average cable bill (over $100/month) when you switch to streaming. While your fee will depend on your package and service, most streaming services start at around $50 per month, making streaming a much better deal than cable.
- Less Risk – Most streaming services offer a free trial, which gives you a chance to try out a service before you pay anything. Going even further, streaming services do not require contracts. You can sign up and remain a member for as long as you want. You can even cancel during the free trial, if there is one.
- More Ways to Watch – Instead of using a cable box, you’ll stream using streaming devices. These devices are small and portable in most cases. You can even stream on-the-go. Your options include mobile devices like phones, computers, and tablets and streaming boxes like Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Other devices are also available, though these are some of the most common. Our guide about streaming devices can give you more details on devices you can use.
- Live TV and More – Live TV is definitely the bread and butter of most cable and streaming service, but streaming services offer more. Many of them allow you to customize your channels. You get an on-demand library that gives you a chance to choose between live content and content you can watch whenever you want. Many services also provide a cloud-DVR, so you can save shows you want to watch on-demand. Finally, TV Everywhere apps are compatible with most services allowing you to watch some of your favorite channels straight from the network apps.
Streaming has a lot to offer that isn’t as popular or available with cable. Now let’s look at how you can watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade online without cable.
Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Live Stream on fuboTV
fuboTV is one way you can watch NBC without cable. While access to any local channels on fuboTV is subject to availability, NBC is available in many areas. Over 95 channels are included. Several regional sports channels are available, as well as general entertainment, kids programming, news, and plenty of sports. Packages start at $55 per month. Here’s more about fuboTV:
- $55 a month per month
- 95+ channels in one package
- Many cities receive the NBC live stream and let you watch local channels online
- The on-demand library offers most previously aired content
- Stream on mobile devices, Apple TV, computers, Amazon Fire TV, and more
- An upgradeable cloud-DVR is included
fuboTV works whether you want sports or general channels. With over 95 channels and more that you can add to your package, you’ll have plenty to watch. You can stream on multiple devices simultaneously, which makes it great for families, too. You’ll have your chance to try fuboTV risk-free, with the fuboTV 7-day trial. Our fuboTV review is another way to learn more.
Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Online on Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV is available for $45 until mid-December when the price will increase to $55 a month. The cost covers Hulu’s popular on-demand service plus over 60 channels of live TV. One of the best things about Hulu Live is that they offer local channels to more homes than any other service. Most homes should have NBC, but if you don’t you can always watch the NBC TV Everywhere app. Here are some more highlights:
- 60+ channels
- Most markets receive access to some local channels
- $45 per month (a price increase is coming in December)
- No contracts
- A free Hulu Live trial is available for one-week
- Watch on Apple TV, Roku, mobile devices, Fire TV devices, and more
- Hulu on-demand is also included
- 50-hours of space is offered with the cloud-DVR
Hulu Live makes a great choice for someone that uses Hulu’s on-demand service and wants access to a variety of live channels. Hulu gives you a mix of general entertainment, local content, news, sports, and more. This makes it a great choice for families or just anyone that likes flipping channels and having some variety. To get started you can sign up for a free weeklong Hulu Live trial that will give you a chance to sample the service. Our Hulu with Live TV review can also tell you more.
Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Streaming Live on YouTube TV
YouTube TV is another way to stream local channels in most parts of the country. In fact, YouTube TV offers at least a few local channels in every area. NBC should be included in most areas. You can also use TV Everywhere apps to watch additional content. You’ll also have a cloud-DVR and you’ll have an on-demand library. Over 70 channels are included for $50 per month. Here are some added details about YouTube TV:
- Over 70 channels with NBC in most areas
- Many other channels including AMC, OWN, USA, TNT, Food Network, Syfy, and more
- $50 per month
- No contracts!
- Watch on Apple TV, computers, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices
- The cloud-DVR includes unlimited space
YouTube TV offers a reasonably priced package for a lot of channels. It’s also one of the few services to offer a cloud-DVR with unlimited space. A great service for families, YouTube TV allows you to create six user profiles and stream on three devices at the same time. This gives everyone the freedom to watch what they want, when they want. Like the other services we’ve mentioned, YouTube TV offers a one-week trial and you can cancel whenever you want. Our YouTube TV review has more details.
Stream the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in Limited Areas on Sling TV
Sling TV is the cheapest way to stream NBC at $25 per month. The only downside here is that the number of cities that receives an NBC live stream is considerably limited compared to other services. The Sling Blue package offers NBC and 40 other channels. If you don’t get an NBC live stream you may be able to stream the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on the NBC app. An on-demand library is also included. Here is more on Sling TV:
- Sling Blue is $25 a month
- 40+ channels are included, or you can add more
- Watch NBC in some areas live or check it out on-demand
- Stream Sling TV free for a week
- The on-demand library offers local content like NBC nationwide
- Stream on iOS/Android, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, and more
Sling TV makes a great budget option, but they aren’t the best choice when it comes to streaming local channel content. If you don’t mind watching through TV Everywhere apps or watching NBC content on-demand, this could still work for you. Sling TV is a contract-free service, so you can cancel on your own terms. The Sling TV free trial gives you a way to try things out for yourself. You can learn more in our Sling TV review.
Get the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade without Cable on AT&T TV NOW
AT&T TV NOW has several packages. The starter package is the most expensive starting package in streaming at $65 per month. You get 40 channels in this package and NBC is one of them, depending on your location. You’ll also have HBO, TNT, ESPN, and a selection of other popular channels. If you don’t get local channels streaming live, you can watch the content in the on-demand library or check the Macy’s Parade live stream through the NBC app. Here’s more on AT&T TV NOW:
- AT&T TV NOW has packages starting from $65/month
- 40+ channels in the basic package
- NBC is available in some areas
- Other available channels include TNT, TBS, USA, ESPN, and HBO
- 20-hours of space comes with the cloud-DVR
- Watch on Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, iOS/Android apps, and more
AT&T TV NOW is pricier than other services we’ve talked about. While the price is still lower than cable, it’s still higher than most streaming services that offer more channels for less money. Like standard streaming services you’ll have live TV, an on-demand library, and access to some TV Everywhere apps. You’ll even have a cloud-DVR, though it is limited as far as space. Before you pay for your first month you can sign up for a free weeklong trial. You can find added details in our AT&T TV NOW review.
If you have a digital antenna you already have a way to watch the parade live stream. If not, you should be able to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade online with a streaming service. Streaming is cheap and it’s as easy to use as cable. While we recommended Hulu Live and fuboTV, any of the services here should allow you the chance to watch the parade without a problem. Just remember that these services offer NBC based on your location, so you’ll want to make sure your area is covered or that you can watch on the NBC TV Everywhere app before you sign up.
If you have any more questions about how to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade online, just leave a comment and let us know.