On Sunday, January 12, the 2020 entertainment awards season continues with the 25th Annual Critics Choice Awards. Millions will tune in to the awards ceremony, which airs at 7 pm ET, to see the legendary comic actor, Eddie Murphy, receive a lifetime achievement award. If you don’t have cable, you may be wondering if you can still watch. Well, we have good news for you–read on on to see how you can watch the Critics Choice Awards online without cable TV.
Watch The Critics Choice Awards Online
The Critics Choice Awards will be broadcast on The CW. While this used to be a difficult channel to stream, there are plenty of ways to watch The CW without cable now. There are a handful of streaming service that allow you to stream live channels to your mobile device, computer, and even TV using a Roku or similar device. Two of our favorite services you can use for a Critics Choice live stream include fuboTV and Hulu with Live TV. Both offer affordable ways to stream The CW, along with popular channels like CBS, ESPN, AMC, and more. Below, we’ll go into more detail on each service.
Live Stream the Critics Choice Awards on fuboTV
fuboTV offers 90+ channels live without cable. At $55 per month, fuboTV is right in line with other live streaming services, except it offers more channels at the price point. The service allows you to get The CW without cable in most areas, making it a great way to watch the 25th Annual Critics Choice Awards online. You’ll also get programming from channels like FX, AMC, USA, TNT, and more. More info on fuboTV:
- $55/mo with no contract–cancel at any time
- 90+ channels
- Local channels including The CW in most areas
- An on-demand library
- Access to TV Everywhere apps
- Stream on most devices, such as Roku, Chromecast, computers, mobile, and more
- Cloud-DVR to record shows
Watch The Critics Choice Awards without Cable on Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV is a great cable TV alternative, with over 60 channels and the entire content library from Hulu’s on-demand service in one package. It’s like having a cable subscription plus Netflix… for way cheaper. More info on Hulu Live:
- Over 60 live channels plus Hulu on-demand library
- Watch TNT, ESPN, and other popular channels
- Get local channels like The CW
- Hulu Original programming
- Cloud-based DVR
- Only $55 per month with no contract
- Watch on devices like Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, mobile devices, and more
Other Ways to Watch the Critics Choice Awards without Cable
Here are a few other ways you can watch the Critics Choice Awards without cable:
- AT&T TV NOW – $65 a month gives you 40+ channels. Read our AT&T TV NOW review
- YouTube TV – $50/mo gives you 50+ channels. Read the YouTube TV review.
- Antenna — The CW is available for free in many areas using an antenna. We recommend an antenna like the Mohu Leaf or the Winegard Flatwave for most people.
Critics Choice Awards Streaming FAQ
What channel are the Critics Choice Awards on?
The Critics Choice Awards are on The CW, which is available free over-the-air or on various streaming services like fuboTV.
When do the Critics Choice Awards Come on?
The 25th Annual Critics Choice Awards air on Sunday, January 12, 2020 at 7 pm ET.
Will the Critics Choice Awards Air Again?
While the Critics Choice Awards may not reair, fuboTV does have a 3-day on-demand replay. There’s also a cloud-DVR so you can record it and watch at a later time.