Golf might be an easy sport to pick up, but it’s often a very difficult one to master. While it’s not the most popular sport in the country, golf still enjoys a healthy following and rich tradition that dates back hundreds of years. For golf fans, cutting the cord means no more Golf Channel. It also means goodbye to several other networks that offer golf tournaments and outings. While it’s true that cable networks make it easier to view professional golf, the cord cutting golf fan has just as many options as someone who has cable. These days all of the major channels you need to watch golf online without cable are available through a variety of streaming services, like fuboTV (free 7-day trial)! That includes the channels you’ll need for The Match: Champions for Charity special event!
With that in mind, we’re going to walk you through how to watch golf without a cable contract. The following sections will tell you how to stream major golf tournaments, as well as all of the streaming services that will let you watch Golf channel and other popular channels that regularly air golf. So, let’s get started…
How to Watch Golf Online without Cable: At a Glance
Despite what you may think, it’s simple to watch TV without cable, and that includes sports! If you’re planning to watch as much golf as possible, you’ll begin to notice that certain channels air more golf than others. As long as you find a streaming service offering those channels, you’ll be able to watch golf online like you used to watch it on cable! Each streaming service listed here is contract-free. So, if a service isn’t what you expected, you can cancel and try out another one. It won’t take long for you to find the right service to watch all of your favorite shows!
There are a variety of channels that will allow you to watch golf when it airs on TV. Some popular channels include CBS, FOX, NBC, Golf Channel, ESPN, FS1, and others. In the following sections we’re going to tell you how to stream the most popular golf events and all of these channels without cable!
Using Streaming Services to Watch Golf Online without Cable
Streaming isn’t as difficult as you might think. A lot of people are just so used to cable that they get nervous about switching and having to learn a new service. However, once you see the benefits and learn how easy it is, it’s hard to deny all the great things that streaming offers. So, if you’re new to streaming or worried about cutting the cord, this section should help to put your mind at ease.
Here are some of the popular benefits that make streaming worthwhile:
- Lower Prices – while the average cable prices are often over $100 you can sign up to most streaming services for $50 (or less) each month. Imagine what you could do with all the money you’d save!
- Unique Features – with streaming services, you can stream from most places that offer an Internet connection on a wide variety of devices. Not only that, but you’ll be able to stream on multiple devices at once. Some services allow you to create user profiles, which is a great option if you’re sharing your account.
- More Ways to Watch TV – in addition to live TV, you’ll be able to watch more content in the on-demand library. Most services allow you to use TV Everywhere apps, as well. This allows you to connect to the network app, which allows for more live and on-demand content. Finally, most services include a cloud-DVR. In most cases, you’ll have a set amount of space that comes with it, but some services allow you to upgrade and a couple services even offer unlimited space!
- No Risks & No Contracts – you won’t get buyer’s remorse when you sign up to a streaming service, because all of the ones here come with a free trial and are contract-free services. This means that if you don’t like a service you can cancel before the trial ends and you won’t have to pay for what you watched. This is a great way to make sure you’re choosing the right service while avoiding any risk if you end up signing up for something that’s not right for you.
Now that you know more about streaming, it’s time to look at the ways you can watch Golf without cable!
Watch Top Golf Tournaments without Cable
There are several men’s and women’s golf championships and tournaments throughout the year. Most of these events are broadcast on channels that you can watch without cable using a streaming service. Some of the most popular tournaments and where to find them are listed here. Keep in mind, golf will air on a lot of the same channels whether it’s a major tournament or a smaller event. So, as long as you have the required channels, you’ll be able to watch golf as much as you did when you had cable!
The Masters Tournament – The Masters takes place every year at the Augusta National Golf Club during the month of April. CBS and CBSSports.com own the current rights, so if you’ve got a couple of ways to watch each round of The Masters. As CBS is a local channel you can use your digital antenna and watch The Masters for free! If you want a streaming option CBS All Access would be a great, inexpensive choice, as it starts at just $6 per month. Learn more about how to watch The Masters without cable in our full guide!
The US Open – The US Open kicks off the summer, as it usually takes place in June each year. The championship moves from course to course each year to keep things interesting. In recent years, FOX has owned the broadcast rights to the US Open and splits coverage between FOX and FS1. Hulu Live is a great choice for watching the US Open without cable, as they offer the most local channel coverage of any service. They also offer FS1, and several other sports channels.
The Open (British Open) Championship – The British Open splits time between NBC and Golf. Like with the US Open, the course changes from year to year and could be anywhere in the UK. The good news is that both channels are readily available through a wide variety of streaming services. NBC can also be accessed through a digital antenna for free. If you want a streaming option Hulu Live offers excellent local coverage and they have Golf in their main package, making them a top choice. You can learn more in our guide on how to watch The Open without cable!
The PGA Championship – This event is easily one of the most popular golfing tournaments of the year. Taking place over one weekend, the PGA Championship splits time between airing on TNT and CBS. While CBS coverage is available through a digital antenna or CBS All Access, you can find TNT streaming on most major streaming services. In fact, Hulu Live offers both CBS (in most areas) and TNT, which makes that a good option if you only want one streaming service. You can learn more with our guide on how to watch the PGA Championship online!
You can view the official PGA Tour TV schedule here.
Watch Golf Online and Cable-Free with fuboTV
fuboTV is a great choice, especially if you’re a sports fan. This package has over 95 channels to watch, so there’s something for everyone. Over 30 of those channels are sports channels. While ESPN isn’t available, everything you need to watch popular golfing events is included. Local channels including FOX, CBS, and NBC are included based on location. You can also watch the content from those channels (and more) in the on-demand library. A cloud-DVR is also included. You can stream golf on mobile devices, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, and more. Other fuboTV details:
- $55/month, but the first month is $59.99
- 95+ channels in the entire fuboTV package with over 30 sports channels
- Golf Channel is included, along with FS1, regional sports channels, USA, TNT, and more
- Local channels on fuboTV are available based on location
- The on-demand library includes 3-Day Replay
- TV Everywhere apps work with many networks in your package
- A cloud-DVR offers limited space – upgrades are available
- Stream on Roku, Apple TV, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and more
Watch Golf without Cable on Hulu Live
Hulu with Live TV is one of the best options if you want local channels. That’s because Hulu Live provides local channels to more markets than any other service. You’ll have more than 60 channels and Hulu on-demand for $45 per month. Along with local channels you’ll have FS1, TNT, Golf Channel, USA, TBS, ESPN, and many other channels. You can stream on everything from smart TVs to mobile devices, so there are plenty of ways to watch. A cloud-DVR is included. You can also watch content using TV Everywhere apps. Here are the highlights:
- 60+ channels are included in the Hulu Live packages
- Watch ESPN, NBC Sports, FS1, USA, TNT, FOX Sports, and more
- Local channels are included in most areas
- Hulu on-demand is also in this package
- Plans start at $55 per month
- Hulu Live includes a free 7-day trial
- Watch using mobile devices, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, computers, etc.
- The Golf Channel is included
- 50-hours of space comes in the cloud-DVR
- Stream on two devices or switch to simultaneous streaming for a small fee
Watch Golf Online via Sling TV
Sling TV works best if you’re looking for a budget option. Sling Blue features over 40 channels for $30 per month. This package includes FOX and NBC in limited areas, TNT, USA, FS1, and many other channels. If you add the Sports Bundle you can also get Golf Channel with this package. Other bundles are also available. If you want a more complete option, bundling Orange+Blue adds ESPN and other channels to the mix. Your base package becomes $45/month and you can add the Golf Channel and Sports Bundle for even more golf coverage! All packages come with an on-demand library and the use of TV Everywhere apps. Streaming is possible on most devices including Apple TV, Chromecast, mobile devices, computers, and more. Here is more on Sling TV:
- Plans start at $30 a month
- Sling Blue offers the local channels FOX and NBC in limited areas, FS1, and 40 other channels or get Sling Orange + Blue packages for all that plus multiple ESPN networks
- Golf Channel is available in the Sports Extra package for a small fee
- Sling TV is contract-free, allowing you to cancel when you want
- Check out Sling TV’s free weeklong trial
- An on-demand library is included
- Watch more live an on-demand content with TV Everywhere apps
- Stream on Amazon Fire TV, computers, Apple TV, Roku, iOS/Android, and more
Watch the Golf Live Stream on CBS All Access
CBS All Access is the top choice if you’re looking for CBS content. This isn’t going to give you every channel you need to watch golf without cable, but if you want to watch golf on CBS, this is a cheap way to do it! CBS All Access offers the CBS live stream to 90% of the country. Also included is the on-demand library which features everything that airs live on CBS, thousands of episodes of older CBS shows, and a growing list of CBS All Access originals. This is all available for under $6 per month. You can stream at home or on-the-go using most popular streaming devices. Here are the highlights:
- Enjoy the CBS live stream in 90% of the country
- All live shows are also available in the on-demand library
- Get over 10,000 episodes of CBS shows, sports, movies, and more on-demand
- Stream on computers, Roku, mobile devices, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more
- $5.99 per month
- A free one-week trial is available
Watch Golf without Cable on YouTube TV
YouTube TV also gives you all the benefits of a full cable replacement service. Over 70 channels are available in one package for $65 per month. In terms of golf, everything you need is available from local channels to Golf Channel. Local channels are included in most areas. You can also use TV Everywhere apps or watch some content on-demand. A cloud-DVR is included and features unlimited space. You can stream golf without cable on Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, computers, and mobile devices. Here are some added details on YouTube TV:
- 70+ channels for $65 a month
- Local channels are available in most areas
- Watch news, sports, regional and local channels, and general entertainment channels
- ESPN, Golf Channel, FS1, USA, TNT, and more are available
- Cancel anytime
- Watch on computers, Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, mobile devices, and more
- Unlimited space with the cloud-DVR
Our YouTube TV review is a great way to learn more. Another great way is to sign up for the YouTube TV free weeklong trial! Signup takes minutes and gives you a free chance to check out this service.
There are more ways than ever to watch Golf online without cable online! As you can see, there are multiple ways to watch the biggest events in golf, along with plenty of the smaller events, as well. Whether you’re watching on a local channel, ESPN, or the Golf channel, there are ways to watch the entire televised golf season without a cable contract. Just sign up for a free trial and get a feel for a service. If you don’t like it, you can cancel and try another one. It won’t take long for you to find the right service for you!
There are plenty of ways to watch sports online and you’ll save money doing it. If you have any questions about how to watch golf without cable, be sure to let us know!
Latest posts by Helen Back (see all)
- How to Watch Thursday Night Football Online without Cable - 09/17/2020
- How to Watch the Cleveland Browns Game without Cable - 09/17/2020
- How to Watch College Football Without Cable - 09/17/2020