Keeping track of what show and movie is on which streaming platform can be a real headache. The soon-to-launch Paramount+ helps make life easier by bringing multiple networks onto a single streaming platform while giving you access to a library of content. Here’s what you need to know about the new platform available this week.
Table Of Contents
What is Paramount+?
CBS All Access is getting an upgrade. The existing platform is being rebranded to Paramount+ starting in March. The rebranding comes following the 2019 merger of CBS and Viacom. Here the info you need about the new platform.
- Paramount+ is a streaming service offering on-demand content, live sports, and breaking news
- 4K streaming
- Starts at $4.99 a month
- No contract required
- Cancel at any time
- Feature content thousands of episodes from all ViacomCBS networks, including CBS, MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and more
- Awards shows like the Grammy’s
- Thousands of Paramount movies available in the content library
- Compatible with iOS, Android, Mac, PCs, and numerous streaming devices
How Does Paramount+ Work?
If you’ve used other streaming services before, using Paramount+ will be a breeze. All you need is a reliable internet connection, a compatible device, and a subscription.
- Sign up for a Paramount+ subscription online with a free 1-week trial*.
- Open the app on your compatible device of choice.
- Sign in to your account.
- Watch shows or movies on demand.
- Cancel at any time.
If you plan on streaming in 4K, you’ll need a very fast internet connection and a device that supports 4K. Also, keep in mind that older shows may not have 4K available yet.
*Assuming the same free-trial period as CBS All Access.
What Can I Watch on Paramount+?
Paramount and ViacomCBS are responsible for giving us some of our favorite shows and movies. Paramount+ combines hits from all of ViacomCBS’ subsidiaries plus original content to give you a huge library where you’ll be sure to find something to watch.
Original content you’ll find includes:
- iCarly reboot
- Fraiser reboot
- Halo series
- Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years series
- The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run
- The Real World Homecoming: New York, For Heaven’s Sake
- New Star Trek movies and animated show
- And more
Looking for movies? Paramount + gives you access to the back catalog of Paramount movies (around 1,000 at launch) and will stream new movies shortly after they premiere in theaters. If you’re looking for TV shows, you’ll find content from:
- CBS Sports Network
- Comedy Central
- The Smithsonian Channel
- CBSN national & CBSN local
Access to these networks means you’ll have access to shows including:
- RuPaul’s Drag Race
- Laguna Beach
- Big Brother
- CSI Miami
- Blue Blood
- The Young & The Restless,
- Young Sheldon
- Beavis and Butt-Head: The Mike Judge Collection
- And more!
You’ll also have access to live sports, including the:
- UEFA Champions League
- NFL on CBS
- NCAA Basketball
- PGA Tour
- CBS Sports HQ
Paramount+ Release Date
US, Canadian, and Latin American viewers will now see CBS All Access became Paramount+ starting March 4, 2021. Viewers in other markets will have to wait until later in the year for the new service to be launched.
Paramount+ Monthly Price
Paramount+ joins the ranks of other affordable streaming services, starting at $4.99 a month for the basic plan. Want to avoid advertisements? You can always opt for an ad-free subscription that starts at $9.99 a month.
If you’re looking for a deal, you can get 50% off your first year of streaming if you sign up with CBS All Access before it officially becomes Paramount+ on March 4. Just be sure to use code PARAMOUNTPLUS. Annual plans cost $59.99 for basic and $99.99 for an ad-free subscription.
Paramount+ Devices: How Can I Watch?
Use the new service on most popular devices, including:
- Amazon Fire TV & Fire Tablets
- Android TV/ Google TV
- Apple TV
- iPhone and IPad
- Smart TVs from Samsung, LG, Vizio, and Xfinity
All of these devices use the app, so be sure to download the Paramount+ App before using the service (download the CBS All Access app before the Paramount+ launch).
You can also watch Paramount+ using the website on:
- Windows 10
Paramount+ Pros & Cons
No streaming service is perfect. For those of you debating on whether to get the service, here are some pros and cons.
- CBS All Access subscriptions automatically convert to Paramount+ subscriptions
- It’s affordable (only $4.99 a month)
- 50% off if you subscribe before March 4, 2021 (use a web browser to sign up)
- 1-week free trial to test it out
- No contract
- Cancel at any time
- No cable required
- Access to all of Paramount’s movies
- Early access to movies after they hit theaters
- Content of numerous networks in one place
- Original content with major franchises (i.e., Star Trek)
- Yet another streaming platform subscription
- Only content from ViacomCBS networks
- Confusion due to rebranding of CBS All Access
- Not all content is available in 4K
Is Paramount+ Worth It?
With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to think about subscribing to another streaming platform. However, Paramount+ has plenty to offer. If you are already a fan of Big Brother, Beavis and Butt-Head, Blue Bloods, or any other show on ViacomCBS networks, then this new service is definitely worth it. Likewise, if you’re looking for a streaming subscription that gives you bang for your buck, the affordable monthly subscription makes Paramount+ a good choice.