If you’re a sports fan, there are probably a few events you fail to miss. And seeing the World Series is probably one of those. We’re just finishing the Division series, so we need to make our way through the ALCS and NLCS. But starting October 26th, the World Series will start.
In a hurry? The whole 2021 World Series will air on Fox. So most likely, you can just set up an antenna and watch it for free. But if you want to make it easy on yourself, these streaming services will have you watching in minutes:
- Hulu + Live TV: Offers ing 85+ channels including network affiliates as well as TBS and FS1, you won’t miss a moment of the ALCS, NLCS, or World Series. Try it free for a week!
- Sling TV: The low-cost service that gives you everything you need to watch the MLB playoffs. Just $10 for the first month and then $35/mo after that!
- FuboTV: Great for the World Series and next year’s regular season because of it including many RSNs. This is our favorite overall sports service with a free 7-day trial!
Table Of Contents
The World Series begins in October 26th, 2021. We don’t know the teams yet, but here’s the schedule:
- Tue Oct 26:
- Wed Oct 27:
- Fri Oct 29:
- Sat Oct 30:
- Sun Oct 31:*
- Tue Nov 2:*
- Wed Nov 3:*
* If necessary
The good news is that you don’t need cable to watch the World Series online. In fact, it’s easier than ever to get Fox without cable.
Even if you’re new to streaming, you’ll find that the benefits quickly outweigh the negatives. You’ll spend less money for the same amount of content, if not more! Of course, with channels like Fox, you may be able to get them for free with a digital antenna. If you can, you’ll spend a small amount for an antenna and be able to watch the World Series for free!
But antennas aren’t a viable solution for many people who either can’t get reception in their home or want to watch on the go. Fortunately, there are streaming solutions, like Hulu + Live TV, available that will let you watch the World Series online!
How to Watch the World Series without Cable TV
While we’re focusing on the World Series for this guide, it’s worth pointing that it’s possible to watch MLB without cable all year long. All of the streaming services you’ll learn about will offer access to some or all of the channels you’d need for full MLB streaming.
The World Series will take place starting October 26th, 2021. As all games air on the same channel, you only need to worry about having access to the Fox live stream. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to get Fox without cable.
One of the easiest ways is with a digital antenna. This gives you access to free local, over-the-air content in your area. Depending on where you live, this could get you dozens of channels that you’ll be able to watch for free.
The other option is to go with a streaming service. Many of them offer Fox.
With streaming services, you may or may not get the Fox live stream depending on where you live. The major cable replacement services like Hulu + Live TV and FuboTV offer Fox pretty much everywhere. Cheaper services like Sling TV offer less (but still good) coverage.
On the plus side, most streaming services give you access to TV Everywhere apps like Fox Sports, which give you access to the World Series live stream as long as you sign in with your streaming service login.
Once you pick a service, things go a lot like they did with cable. You turn on your device, flip through the channels, and watch what you want! The difference is that instead of a cable box, you’ll use a streaming device. This gives you more options about where you watch, as you connect through the internet, so you can watch almost anywhere.
All the streaming services we discuss below support Amazon Fire TV, Android devices, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS devices, Xbox One, web browsers, and smart TVs from LG, Samsung, and Vizio. Other devices are supported, but those are the major ones.
Watch the World Series Online With Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV is a great way to watch the World Series online without cable. This package builds off of the Hulu on-demand service by adding over 85 live channels including everything you need to watch all the playoffs: Fox, TBS, and FS1.
Hulu Live offers all the other local channels (ABC, CBS, NBC) to more homes than any other streaming service. You also have access to the Fox Sports app with this package.
Features of Hulu with Live TV include:
- Plans from $64.99 a month
- Hulu on-demand is included
- 85+ live channels including local channels in most area
- No contracts!
- 50-hours of cloud DVR storage
- Use Fox Sports and other TV Everywhere apps
- Our Hulu + Live TV review can tell you more
Hulu + Live TV Live is a service that’s going to work for a lot of people. If you want to learn if Hulu Live will work for you, check out the Hulu Live free 7-day trial!
World Series Plus Tons More Sports With FuboTV
FuboTV offers Fox streaming live in the vast majority of US markets, which means just about everyone reading this can use it to watch the World Series online without cable!
The bad news: Currently, FuboTV does not offer TBS. So if you only have FuboTV, you will miss some of the early games. But not a moment of the World Series.
The really good news: FuboTV offers a great selection of sports channels. In particular, they offer more regional sports networks than Hulu. These allow you to watch pretty much all regular-season games of your local MLB, NBA, and NHL teams. This is the way to go if you are a fan of the Athletics, Astros, Cubs, Giants, Mariners, Met, Phillies, Pirates, Red Sox, or White Sox.
- $64.99 per month for 100+ channels
- Watch Fox online to get the World Series live stream
- Cancel at any time
- Watch content live or check out the on-demand library
- Check out our FuboTV review to learn more
Don’t miss out on the chance to try FuboTV for yourself. The FuboTV 7-day trial gives you full access to the package of your choice for a full week. Try out everything and discover if it’s right for you. If it is, just keep watching your favorites. If not, cancel within that first week and you won’t pay a thing. This is a great way to watch the World Series online free for a full week!
Other Ways to Watch the World Series without Cable
You’ve already learned about some great options that should work for most people. Of course, one of the greatest things about streaming is the variety. With that in mind, here are a few more ways that you can watch the World Series online.
- Sling TV: Its base plan is $35/mo and this includes Fox in supported areas and FS1and TBS everywhere. And if you want more sports, the Sports Extra add-on for $11/mo more gives you MLB Network, MLB Strike Zone, and 10 other channels.
- YouTube TV: Watch over 85 channels for $64.99 a month with Fox, TBS, and FS1.
- DirecTV Stream: The former AT&T TV offers 65+ channels including Fox, TBS, and FS1 pretty much everywhere for $69.99.
That’s all you need to know to find the right streaming service and watch the World Series online without cable. If you have any questions, make sure to ask them in the comments. Want more ideas on how to watch sports online without cable? We can help with that, too!
- Olympic Basketball is Here! How to Stream Without Cable - 07/27/2021
- How to Stream Olympic Gymnastics Online Without Cable - 07/22/2021