Barry Berkman is a low-level hitman that’s going through a funk. More specifically, he’s depressed and not sure what to do about it. Well, that is until he heads to Los Angeles and follows his next target into an acting class and finds his new calling! HBO is home to many great shows and Barry is one of them! It used to be that cable was required to watch HBO, but those days are gone. Thanks to streaming services you can get HBO without signing a cable contract. In fact, there are plenty of ways to watch Barry online without cable.
Barry airs on Sunday evenings at 10:30 p.m. ET. If you’re looking for a way to watch HBO shows like Barry, keep reading! The sections below offer important details for new cord cutters. Perhaps more importantly, you’ll find all of the ways to stream the Barry live stream without cable!
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to Watch Barry Without Cable: At a Glance
- 2 Using Streaming Services to Watch Barry Without Cable
- 3 Watch the Barry Live Stream with Amazon Channels
- 4 Watch Barry Online without Cable using Hulu with Live TV
- 5 Stream Barry without Cable on PlayStation Vue
- 6 Watch Barry without Cable on DIRECTV NOW
- 7 Get Barry without Cable on HBO NOW
- 8 Wrapping Up
How to Watch Barry Without Cable: At a Glance
It used to be that when you canceled cable, you just didn’t get to watch any networks like HBO. You might get local channels, but there would be no way to watch Barry without cable. These days, there are streaming services. You’ll be able to take your pick of services offering HBO so you can watch Barry online. Later, we list all of the services offering HBO without cable. For now, here are two of our top recommendations if you want to watch the Barry live stream without cable.
Amazon Channels is an add-on service that’s available to Amazon Prime members (try Prime free for 30 days). If you’re not a Prime member, you’ll get benefits like free 2-day shipping and the Prime movie and music libraries. You’ll also be able to add Amazon Channel subscriptions. Basically, these give you streaming subscriptions to a variety of services in one place. For instance, they offer Starz, Cinemax, Showtime, and of course, HBO. Prices vary based on what you want to add, but HBO is $15/month after a one-week trial. Adding HBO gives you the complete HBO on-demand library, which means every episode of Barry that has aired will be available to you. You’ll also be able to watch several HBO live streams through your Amazon app.
Hulu Live (free 7-day trial) is a popular choice for those looking for a great mix of live cable channels and on-demand content. HBO is available as an add-on to their plan which lets you watch Barry without cable.
Using Streaming Services to Watch Barry Without Cable
Most people know how to use cable, but they might be confused about the switch to streaming. It’s really just as simple, even if it is new. Instead of using a cable box, you have a streaming device. You still turn on the device, pick your channel, or head to the guide to channel surf. So, the process is the same, even if the service is different. Many streaming services even offer guides that look similar to cable in order to make the transition easier.
One of the main reasons that people switch from cable to streaming is the price. Cable prices can be steep. They might sound good at first, but after cable box rentals and other fees, the price usually ends up being over $100 per month or more! Most people can’t afford that kind of extra bill. More importantly, why should you have too? With streaming you can get a similar package with no contracts, or hidden fees, for packages starting from between $16 to $50 and up. These packages offer many of the same channels, including local channels in some areas. They also offer the chance to add extra channels (usually sports and movie channels). For example, many services allow you to add HBO to your package for a fee. This gives you access to live and on-demand HBO content just like if you had cable.
Cable allows you to watch TV on your TV. You can do that with streaming services, too, but you also have other options. There are plenty of streaming devices available (streaming devices guide) and they work on a variety of services. Each service will list all of the ways you can stream TV with their service, so you’ll be able to pick a compatible service. Many of these devices are portable and can be hooked to your TV. This means you can switch from TV to TV and even locations with ease. You can also watch on the go, using mobile devices, tablets, and computers.
- Watch the same channels you used to watch with cable for less
- Choose from a variety of plans – Starting prices are between $16 and $50 with 30+ channels or more in each plan
- No hidden fees or contracts
- Add channels like HBO – Other movie and sports channels available as add-ons
- Stream on multiple devices – computers, mobile devices, gaming consoles, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, and many others
Now let’s go over your options to watch Barry without cable!
Watch the Barry Live Stream with Amazon Channels
Amazon Prime is a required service if you want to use Amazon Channels. Once you’ve signed up with Amazon Prime, you’ll be able to enjoy 2-day shipping, movies and music in various Prime libraries, free e-books, and plenty of other perks. Annual and monthly subscriptions are available. You can also add Channels like HBO. In the case of HBO, you’ll get several live streaming network channels (HBO, HBO Family, etc.) and a complete on-demand library with HBO shows and movies.
Here are some more details about Amazon Channels:
- Amazon Prime is required to add HBO and other Amazon Channels
- HBO is available for $15 per month
- Each Channel includes on-demand content and possible live stream content
- Amazon Prime offers a month-long trial to new members
- Adding HBO gives you live stream access to watch Barry without cable – The on-demand library also offers all previously aired episodes
- Stream on all kinds of devices including Fire TV, Apple TV, mobile devices, and many other devices
Amazon Prime is good on its own. In terms of streaming services, it’s a well-rounded package with much more than just TV or movies to offer. Adding Amazon Channels just makes it better. You get the chance to add the channels you want, and you can enjoy them all in one place. Even better, each channel offers a free trial so you can check it out before you make any commitment. If you’re a new Amazon Prime member, you’ll get a 30-day membership to start your plan.
Our Amazon Prime review has more details.
Watch Barry Online without Cable using Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV is one of the top options if you want to replace cable. Plans offer over 60 of the most popular cable channels and Hulu’s on-demand service. Hulu Live even offers local channels to more markets than any other streaming service. You can stream on most devices including mobile devices. HBO is available as an add-on channel for $15 per month. Other movie channels are available, too. Here are some of the highlights:
- 60+ channels offering local channels, sports, and cable networks
- $45 a month gets you ESPN, CW, Boomerang, TNT, NBCSN, Discovery, USA, and more
- Hulu on-demand is included offering thousands of hours of content and original shows
- A 7-day Hulu Live trial is included
- HBO and other channels are available for an added fee – HBO is $15
- Watch on iOS/Android, gaming consoles, computers, Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, smart TVs, Fire TV, and more
If you’re looking for something that offers the selections and look of cable, Hulu Live might be for you. You’ll get the best of live and on-demand TV, with the ability to upgrade your package in a lot of little ways. You can add movie channels like HBO and/or Showtime, add time to your DVR (you get 50-hours to start), and even upgrade the amount of simultaneously streaming devices. Hulu Live allows you to watch many of the most popular cable channels at a price much cheaper than cable.
Our Hulu with Live TV review is available with more details.
Stream Barry without Cable on PlayStation Vue
PlayStation Vue allows you to choose from four main packages. The starting package includes over 50 channels for $45 a month. From there, you can add HBO for another $15. Other movie and sports channels are also included. Packages include local channels in many areas, sports channels, popular cable networks, and even cartoon channels for the kids. You don’t need a PlayStation console to stream PS Vue either. In fact, you can use mobile devices, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, Fire TV, and other devices. That said, PS3 and PS4 both works, also. Details for PS Vue include:
- Take your pick of four plans – from 50+ channels and $45 per month
- Cancel without hassles – no contracts!
- Many areas have live local channels, AMC, ESPN, USA, FX, and other channels included
- HBO is $15/month
- Watch on-demand content in the on-demand library or watch shows you’ve recorded to your cloud-DVR
- Stream on five devices simultaneously
- Watch on PS3 or PS4 consoles, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and more
- Try Vue free for 5 days
This works well as a cable replacement. If you’re looking for a basic package of programming and you want HBO, you can get both of those things with PS Vue. You’ll also have a cloud-based DVR and the freedom to watch on-demand content using the on-demand library or TV Everywhere apps. If you’re in a large family, you can create your own user profiles to separate your content and keep your preferences saved. You even have the ability to stream on five devices simultaneously, which is the most streams offered in any basic streaming package.
Watch Barry without Cable on DIRECTV NOW
DIRECTV NOW gives you another way to watch Barry without cable. In fact, DIRECTV NOW is the only package that currently includes HBO in their plans. The basic plan is $50 per month. It offers 40+ channels including local channels in many areas, HBO, and many other channels. Another plan is available with more channels if you’re looking for a bigger plan. Here’s more on DIRECTV NOW:
- Plans start at $50 with 40+ channels
- A larger plan offers 50+ channels
- Both options include HBO’s live channels and on-demand library
- Local and sports channels are included
- The cloud-DVR offers limited space
- Watch on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, and iOS and Android mobile devices
On the plus side, you won’t have to pay extra for HBO. That said, it will cost you more than the average streaming service. You’ll have a cloud-DVR, but you won’t need it to record HBO shows because those are all available on-demand after they air. You’ll be able to stream from anywhere so you can decide when and where you watch your favorite shows! Speaking of streaming, you’ll be able to stream on two devices at once or you can add a third device for a fee.
You can find added details in our DIRECTV NOW review.
Get Barry without Cable on HBO NOW
HBO NOW allows you to stream all of the HBO content you want. The difference with HBO NOW and the other services listed is that they offer other networks along with the HBO content you add to them. This service strictly offers HBO content. There is no live stream, but all new episodes are added to the app when they begin airing live. This means you’ll still get to watch Barry without cable, at the same time as your friend’s with cable. Details for HBO NOW include:
- HBO NOW is for $14.99 a month
- This is a month-to-month, contract-free service
- The HBO on-demand library offers blockbuster movies, HBO TV shows from their beginning, and more
- While no live stream is included, new episodes are added to the on-demand library when they would air, so you can watch episodes as they air live
- A free 7-day trial is included
- Watch on Roku, Chromecast, mobile devices, Apple TV, and more
This is a great option if you’re looking for HBO content. If you have a streaming service, you may find that adding HBO will cost you the same price. With that in mind, you might want to add it to that service. Still, as a streaming service, you’ll have the ability to watch all of your favorite HBO shows and hundreds of popular movies. There are even numerous shows for the kids. You’ll be able to stream on most devices, which means you can watch from almost anywhere. This gives you another great option to watch Barry online without cable.
It may have been impossible at one point to watch HBO without cable, but now, as you can see, there are plenty of ways to stream the network without a cable contract. You have more than a few streaming services that will allow you to watch Barry online. If you’re new to streaming, make sure to sign up for a free trial to two so you can find the right service for you.
Streaming HBO and other channels without cable is easy, but the only legal way is with a streaming service, like the ones we’ve mentioned above. Hopefully, you’re all set, but if you have questions and aren’t sure how to watch Barry without cable, let us know! You can also check out these cable TV alternatives to learn more.