The Oprah Winfrey Network is also known by its more popular abbreviation, OWN. The channel mainly offers lifestyle and entertainment programming focused on African American audiences. The network offers a mix of marathon programming including daytime talk shows and syndicated shows in the daytime and late night. Primetime offers a mix of original programming including Queen Sugar, Greenleaf, and David Makes Man. If you’re looking for a way to watch OWN online without cable, keep reading!
All the details you need to find a service where you can legally watch OWN without cable, are included right here. You’ll find out about each individual service and the packages they offer. By the end of this article, you should be all set to sign up for a service, so you can watch OWN online without cable!
How to Watch OWN Without Cable: At a Glance
It’s pretty easy to get the OWN live stream without cable. It’s just a matter of finding a service that offers the channels you want. There are multiple services and plans that include this network. Here is an overview of two of the most popular channels. You can also choose to keep reading, where you’ll find the complete list of options to stream OWN without cable.
Philo is a great service and it’s also the cheapest package in streaming! You’d have a hard time finding another service that offers almost 60 channels for just $20. In order to keep prices this low, there are no local channels or sports channels included. You will get channels like OWN, Lifetime, BET, MTV, Food Network, AMC, and many others. No contracts are required, so you’re free to cancel your service when you wish. In addition to live TV, you’ll have an on-demand library and a cloud-DVR with unlimited space. You can use TV Everywhere apps, too. Streaming is possible on most devices, so you can watch OWN online with Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, and more.
fuboTV includes around 100 channels, so it’s no surprise they offer an OWN live stream. They also offer AMC, Animal Planet, Lifetime, Comedy Central, History, beIN Sports, FOX Sports Networks, NBCSN, and dozens of other channels. The main package is $55 per month, but you’ll get the first month for $45. The only way your price goes up is if you add extra channels or upgrades to your lineup. Each package also comes with a cloud-based DVR, an on-demand library, and you’ll be able to use TV Everywhere apps. You’ll be able to watch OWN online with Chromecast, mobile devices, computers, Roku, Apple TV, and more.
Using Streaming Services to Watch OWN Without Cable
You might be wondering what the benefits are to streaming services. If you’re currently a cable subscriber, you might wonder if it’s worth it to make the switch. If that’s the case, this section is for you. While we can’t highlight all of the reasons people switch from cable to streaming, here are some of the most popular reasons:
- Streaming is cheaper. While cable services charge $100 or more per month on average, streaming services often cost less. The majority of streaming services cost around $55 per month, but some are as low as $20 per month.
- You can use streaming devices, which you own, to stream from anywhere that you have an internet connection. These devices include Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, gaming consoles, and other devices.
- Nothing ties you down. Cable services love contracts, but streaming services prefer to avoid them. You’ll always be able to cancel when you want. Even better, you’ll be able to cancel through your online account without calling customer service.
- Free samples are available! It can be daunting choosing a service and paying money for it without really knowing what you’re going to get. That’s not a worry with most services, as the vast majority come with a free trial! You can try things out and if it’s not for you, you’ll be able to cancel without getting charged.
- Watch on-demand content and extras. Live TV is definitely a major feature, but streaming services offer more. You’ll have an on-demand library, for starters. You can also stream live and on-demand content through TV Everywhere apps. A cloud-based DVR is even included with most services so that you can save whatever you want!
Hopefully, that clears up some of your questions about streaming. Here are the services that you can use to watch the OWN live stream without cable.
Stream OWN without Cable on fuboTV
fuboTV is normally thought of as a sports package because it offers so many sports channels. Of course, with around 100 channels offered, you can expect to find something for everyone. OWN is one of many general entertainment channels included in the lineup. You’ll also have AMC, Hallmark, Lifetime, TNT, Syfy, USA, and many other channels. This package is $45 for the first month. From there, the regular price kicks in, which is $55 per month. Other fuboTV details:
- 100 channels included for $55 per month
- The first month is $45
- 3-day replay is featured with the cloud-DVR
- A cloud-DVR is also included
- Stream on Roku, Fire TV, computers, Chromecast, Apple TV, and mobile devices
fuboTV has a lot to offer, whether you’re a sports fan or not. General entertainment is available on many channels from AMC to USA and dozens of channels in between. An on-demand library is included, along with a cloud-based DVR. There’s no contract included and no risk in trying out the service, as it starts with a free one-week trial! Our fuboTV review is available with more details.
Watch OWN Online on Philo
Philo is the only multichannel streaming package available at such a low monthly price. You’ll get around 60 channels for just $20 per month. This package might lack sports channels, but if you’re looking for OWN, Hallmark, Discovery, History, AMC, Food Network, and more, you’re in luck! This package is contract-free and includes all of the popular streaming features you’ll find in other, more expensive packages. Here are the highlights:
- 59 channels for $20 per month
- Watch OWN, Hallmark, MTV, Lifetime, Discovery, History, and more
- No sports coverage is available, keeping package prices low
- Cancel whenever you want
- A free one-week trial is available
- Watch on computers, Apple TV, Roku, mobile devices, and more
- Save all the content you want on a cloud-DVR with unlimited space
Philo offers the cheapest way to stream TV without cable. This is a great package for someone that’s not looking for sports coverage. Despite the lower price, you’ll have all of the common features found in the pricier packages. You’ll start your package off with a free week trial.
Watch OWN Live on Vidgo
Vidgo is a slightly cheaper streaming alternative to cable. Here you’ll pay just $40 per month for 60 channels. This package offers limited local coverage, but you’ll have plenty of nationwide content from A&E and ESPN to OWN, and many other channels. You’ll need to watch you’re your favorites live though because a cloud-DVR isn’t included.
- $40 per month for 60 channels
- No contracts!
- Vidgo offers social streaming for many popular channels
- No added features beyond live TV are included
- Watch FOX, HGTV, ABC, Paramount, Hallmark, OWN, Lifetime, and much more
- Watch on computers, Roku, mobile devices, and Amazon Fire TV
- Stream on up to three devices at once
- Try Vidgo at no cost to you during the Vidgo 7-day trial
Vidgo is a newer service, so there’s a good chance that they will make some positive changes the longer they are around. If you’re interested, you can try Vidgo during the free 7-day trial. You’ll be able to learn more in our Vidgo review.
Watch the OWN Live Stream on YouTube TV
YouTube TV is another way for you to stream OWN without cable. This package includes more than 70 channels for $50 per month. There aren’t any contracts, so you can subscribe and cancel whenever you want. Packages include an unlimited cloud-based DVR and an on-demand library. You can even stream many popular networks through their TV Everywhere apps! Here are some more details on YouTube TV:
- 70+ channels are available for $50 a month
- A small selection of add-on channels is available
- Most areas receive local channels
- Included features range from an on-demand library to an unlimited cloud-DVR
- Watch on Fire TV, Apple TV, computers, Chromecast, Roku, and mobile devices
- TV Everywhere apps are also compatible
YouTube TV gives you many of the same features as other packages. At $50 per month, this package is cheaper than the streaming average. You’ll start your package with a free 1-week trial, and as there are no contracts, you’re free to cancel whenever you wish. Our YouTube TV review has even more info.
How to Watch Other Entertainment Channels without Cable
Looking for info on how to watch another channel without cable? Check out the chart below.
|BET||Hallmark Mysteries & Movies||TruTV|
|Comedy Central||HGTV||TV Land|
|Discovery Channel||Investigation Discovery||VH1|
It’s not hard at all to get an OWN live stream without cable. You will pay less for your package and get the chance to watch your favorite shows from just about anywhere. Streaming is easy and you can be signed up in no time. You don’t need to worry about getting stuck with a service you don’t want, because you’ll be free to cancel at any time. All it takes is a few questions and you’ll be ready to watch OWN online in minutes!
Still have a few questions about how to watch OWN online without cable? Let us know, we’re happy to help!