HGTV stands for Home & Garden Television. If you’re a fan of home improvement reality shows, there’s a good chance you love HGTV. Most of the shows offered involve real estate, house flipping, or home renovations of some kind. You’ll find shows like House Hunters, Flip or Flop, Property Brothers, and Fixer Upper. If you’re a fan of these shows or just HGTV in general, keep reading to find out how to watch HGTV online without cable.
In most cases, the hardest part about watching TV without cable is finding a streaming service that offers the networks you want. Luckily, most networks are available without cable. There are several services that give you a chance to watch HGTV online. Whether you want a service that focuses on live streaming or something that provides an unlimited cloud-DVR, you’ll find several services that offer an HGTV live stream without cable in the sections below.
How to Watch HGTV Online Without Cable: At a Glance
If you’re ready to start watching HGTV without cable, this section should be able to get you started. This brief overview will tell you more about Philo and fuboTV – both options if you want to watch HGTV online. Both services offer a low-cost way to enjoy your favorite channels without cable and without contracts! If you have more time, keep reading and learn more about every service you can use to stream HGTV!
Philo might only cost $20 per month, but they include many of the same popular features that you’d find in more expensive services. You’ll get about 60 live channels including an HGTV live stream. If you want to save content, you’ll have an unlimited cloud-based DVR. There’s also an on-demand library, or you can get extra content through TV Everywhere apps. You can watch HGTV online with iOS and Android apps, Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and more. Get your first week free with the Philo trial!.
fuboTV is one of the few services that offers more than 100 channels in the basic package. You’ll pay $55 per month, but you’ll pay just $45 for the first month. There are no commitments here, so you can cancel whenever you wish. fuboTV offers sports channels, local channels (in many areas), cable news, and general entertainment. You should be able to find something for everyone. Packages include a cloud-based DVR, and access to an on-demand library that includes 3-day replay. Like with Philo, you can stream on most streaming and mobile devices. Sign up for fuboTV free for 7-days.
Using Streaming Services to Watch HGTV Online
One of the biggest questions that people ask when they still have cable is what’s the point in making the switch. If you already have an easy way to watch the HGTV live stream, it’s a valid question. Everyone needs a reason to leave one service that already offers the channels they want in favor of another service. While reasons for switching often come down to personal preference, here are a few reasons that people decide to try streaming:
- Streaming services cost less (most plans start between $20 and $65 per month)
- Most services allow you to try their plans for free during a trial period
- As there are no contracts, there are no penalties for cancelling any streaming plan
- You can change, modify, or even cancel your plan whenever you want
- Services like on-demand libraries and cloud-DVRs are included at no additional cost
- Plenty of upgrades are available, allowing you, but not requiring you to customize your plan
- You can stream at home or on-the-go using streaming or mobile devices
- Streaming services offer more channels you want with less junk channels
- Many services offer multiple plans to give you the exact package you want at the right price
- Most services give you TV Everywhere app access to watch more TV when you want
- Family features are often included allowing for multiple user profiles or parental controls
- Most services offer simultaneous streaming so you can watch on different devices at once
These are just some of the reasons why people are using streaming services to watch HGTV online without cable along with all of their other favorite networks. With that in mind, let’s continue on and learn more about ways you can stream HGTV.
Stream HGTV on fuboTV
fuboTV is available for $55 per month. You’ll have 100+ channels, which makes this one of the largest packages in streaming. You’ll have several sports channels, general entertainment including HGTV, news channels, and even some local networks (in most areas). The first month of your service is only $45. Remember, there aren’t contracts, so you can cancel whenever you decide. You can watch HGTV online on computers, smart TVs, Apple TV, Roku, mobile devices, and more. Other fuboTV details:
- 100+ channels from $55 a month
- A discount allows you to watch the first month for $45
- 3-day replay gives you a chance to watch shows you missed
- The cloud-DVR features some space, but you can upgrade for more
- You can stream on most devices including mobile devices, Roku, and more
- Several options to customize your package are available
fuboTV allows you to cancel your subscription at any time. In fact, as you can do so through your online account, it only takes the click of a button. You can even cancel during the free one-week trial if you determine that fuboTV isn’t for you Our fuboTV review has more to offer.
Watch HGTV Online on Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV offers some of the best in live and on-demand content. You’ll start with the Hulu on-demand service, which offers thousands of hours of TV, movies, and original content. Over 60 live channels are added to the mix, including the HGTV live stream. This is a great package if you recently cut the cord because it offers a mix of programming from local channels to sports, general entertainment, and even cable news! Hulu Live is available for $55 per month. Here are some more highlights:
- Start with Hulu on-demand and 60+ live channels
- $55 per month
- No commitments – cancel when you want
- Most homes receive some local content
- Make user profiles for the family or roommates
- The Hulu Live trial offer gives you the first week for free
- Watch on mobile devices, computers, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, etc.
Hulu Live is a service that has a little something for everyone. You can watch your favorites live or you can find them on-demand. You can even save them to your cloud-DVR, so you can watch them on your schedule. Hulu Live provides a trial that gives you the first week for free. You can cancel during the trial if you’re not satisfied, and you won’t be charged. More information is available in our Hulu with Live TV review.
Watch HGTV Streaming on Sling TV
Sling TV gives you three ways that you can watch HGTV online without cable. You can pick either Sling Orange (30+ channels) or Sling Blue (45+ channels) for $30 per month. If you want a larger package you can get around 60 channels for $45 per month. You can add dozens of add-on channels to any of these packages for a fee. Beyond live TV, you can stream content in the on-demand library or through the use of TV Everywhere apps. Sling TV works with most devices. Here are some more Sling TV highlights:
- Pay $30 a month for Sling Orange or Sling Blue
- A combined, larger package is available for $45/month
- Customize your package with more channels for an added fee
- Sling TV is a contract-free service
- The Sling TV free trial lasts for 7-days!
- Sling TV includes a cloud-DVR with each package
- Stream on Roku, computers, Apple TV, mobile devices, etc.
Sling TV has been around a long time, so it offers a reliable service with less of the issues that come with some newer services. A lot of good channels are included, and you have plenty of options to add even more channels for a fee. Remember, you can even cancel your package during your trial if you’re not satisfied and don’t want to remain a subscriber. Our Sling TV review is a great way to learn more.
Watch HGTV Streaming on Philo
Philo is a great choice for someone that doesn’t need sports content. You won’t find ESPN or other sports channels here. What you will find is 59 nationwide cable channels including HGTV and many other popular channels. The best part of Philo is that everything is available for just $20 per month. Philo works on most devices including Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, Roku, Chromecast, and other devices. Here are the highlights:
- $20 per month
- 59 channels are included – HGTV, OWN, AMC, Paramount Network, and more are included
- A good choice if you don’t want sports coverage
- No commitments – you can cancel when you want
- A free one-week trial is available
- Watch on computers, Roku, Apple TV, and mobile devices
- Save as much content as you want – Cloud-DVR space is unlimited
Philo gets you started with a free weeklong trial. During the trial, you’ll get a full week to test the service and all of the features that it offers. If you’re happy, keep watching and you’ll be charged at the end of the trial. If not, you can cancel whenever you want. Our Philo review can give you even more information.
Stream HGTV without Cable on Vidgo
Vidgo costs $40 per month for the Core package, which includes 60 channels. This includes many well-known cable channels including ESPN, HGTV, Discovery, History, Comedy Central, and other channels. Focusing on social streaming, Vidgo is more for the experience of live TV. You won’t find an on-demand library or other streaming features with this package. You can stream Vidgo on computers, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku. Here are the highlights:
- Two packages are available
- The Core package offers 60 channels for $40/month
- You can stream on three devices at once
- No contracts are included
- A free one-week trial is available
- Stream on Roku, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, computers, and more
Vidgo is going to be best for someone that only cares about live TV. While standard features that other services aren’t available here, they could be added in the future. For now, you’ll find plenty of live TV. This is a contract-free service, so there’s nothing tying you down if you want to cancel. Don’t forget to check out our Vidgo review.
Watch HGTV Online with YouTube TV
YouTube TV has one package to offer, but it includes HGTV and more than 70 other channels. This package is $50 per month, and with no contracts, you can leave your package behind whenever you want. Some popular available channels include AMC, ESPN, USA, TNT, FX, Syfy, and many others. Most homes also receive local channels. A cloud-DVR is featured, providing an unlimited amount of storage space. You can stream on most devices, including Amazon Fire TV. Here are more details on YouTube TV:
- 70+ channels
- $50 per month
- Local channels are available in most areas – You’ll also have AMC, Syfy, TNT, HGTV, etc.
- Stream on Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, and more
- Save as much as you want with the unlimited cloud-DVR
- Stream additional content with TV Everywhere apps
YouTube TV provides many of the same features as other services for a price that’s just a little cheaper than average. There also one of the only services that offers a cloud-DVR with unlimited space. You can stream on most devices, and with no contracts, you can cancel when you want. Our YouTube TV review can tell you more. Don’t forget, YouTube TV offers a 7-day free trial!
If you’re looking for a way to stream HGTV without cable, you’ve got plenty of options. Remember, none of the services you’ve learned about require a contract. You’ll be free to sign up to any of these services and cancel whenever you want. Most services even offer a free trial, so you can sample each service risk-free until you find the one that’s right for you.
If you’re still questioning how you can legally watch HGTV online without cable, let us know your questions as we’re happy to help answer them!