FS1 or Fox Sports 1 is a sports-centric channel owned by FOX. This channel airs a variety of sports content including live events from MLB, college sports including Big Ten and Big 12 football, MLS, golf, MMA, and NASCAR. Daily sports news, commentary, and sports-reality programs make up the majority of network airtime. If you’re a sports fan, FS1 is a good network to have. Streaming sports has always been a tricky business, but there are a number of ways to watch FS1 without cable.
In the following sections, you’ll learn some important details about streaming if you’re a new cord cutter. If you’re a seasoned pro, you can skip to all of the services that allow you to stream FS1 without cable!
How to Watch FS1 Without Cable: At a Glance
It doesn’t matter which sports you’re looking for, there’s a good chance you’ll find coverage on FS1. Luckily for sports fans, you can watch FS1 without cable. Keep in mind, streaming services are the only legal way to watch FS1 online. While a paid service is required, many of them are reasonably priced, and cost much less than the average cable bill. Here are a couple of recommendations to get you started. You’ll be able to find a full list of services later in this guide.
Hulu with Live TV offers a well-rounded package that includes many popular local and nationwide channels. In fact, some of the most popular cable channels are available in Hulu Live’s plan. Packages start at $45 per month with over 60 channels and Hulu on-demand included. FS1 is included, along with ESPN, USA, TNT, TBS, Food Network, and many other channels. Most devices work with Hulu Live including Apple TV, mobile devices, Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, and other devices.
fuboTV (free 7-day trial) presents another option that is great for sports streaming. In fact, fuboTV offers more sports channels than in any other streaming service. Over 80 channels are included and 30+ sports channels are in each package. ESPN might be missing, but several regional and nation channels are available and that includes FS1. Plans start at $45 per month and include a cloud-DVR. You can stream fuboTV on most devices including Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, Chromecast, Roku, and more.
Using Streaming Services to Watch FS1 Without Cable
If you’re here reading this, you’ve either already cut the cord and need a way to watch FS1 without cable or you’re thinking about it. FS1 is very important for watching various sports, including baseball, NASCAR, college football, and more. In either case, this section will give you a little background on the differences between streaming services vs cable.
Some basic differences include:
- Cable requires contracts and streaming does not
- Cable charges for DVR service and streaming services generally do not
- With cable you have to watch on your TV, but streaming services work with a variety of devices at home or on-the-go
- The average cable plan is over $100 vs the average streaming plan which is $40
Price is usually the most important factor in switching from cable to streaming, for most people. In this department, streaming is the clear winner. You can get all of the same channels you’d get with cable, but you’ll spend a lot less to watch them. Some of this deals with the lack of a contract. With cable companies, often you’ll sign a contract and when the contract ends, so does any introductory pricing you may have been given. So, if you want to stay past the end of your contract, you’ll end up paying more money. Streaming doesn’t require contracts. You sign up and can stay as long as you want. No matter how long you’re a customer, you pay the same price as everyone else with the same package.
Streaming offers more variety than cable in many small ways, too. For example, instead of needing to rent a cable box, you’ll be able to buy a streaming device. Streaming devices include options like Roku, Apple TV, or even the computer or mobile device you’re using to read this! These devices are inexpensive and often portable. Some of them are able to be hooked to your TV and others are mobile. In either case, rather than being tethered to your TV, you’re free to watch from the location of your choice.
If you need help picking out a streaming device, our guide to streaming devices might be able to help.
So, to recap:
- Both cable and streaming services offer live (and sometimes on-demand) TV in set packages
- While cable prices are often over $100, the average streaming package is $40 or less
- Streaming services don’t require contracts and there are no hidden fees
- You’ll be able to stream on all kinds of streaming and mobile devices
The following services will give you a way to watch FS1 without cable!
Watch FS1 without Cable using Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV is a popular choice with cord cutters that want live and on-demand content. Plans come with over 60 channels and Hulu on-demand. This means that you’ll have live channels like FS1 and the endless content that comes with Hulu’s on-demand service. You can stream from almost anywhere and on most devices. Here are the highlights:
- 60+ channels and Hulu on-demand in one package
- FS1 is included along with ESPN, USA, TNT, and many others
- More local channels access than with other services
- A great option if someone wants live TV, but already subscribes to Hulu on-demand
- $45 per month
- A free one-week Hulu Live trial is available
- Watch on Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, computers, iOS and Android, Roku, and more
Hulu Live is a good replacement for cable, if you want to save money without sacrificing your favorite channels. Local channels are offered in the majority of markets and there’s a good mix of sports content. Plenty of upgrades are available, too. For example, you can add space to your cloud-DVR so you can record more live TV. All in all, Hulu Live makes a great option for many streamers.
Our Hulu with Live TV review can tell you more.
Watch FS1 Streaming via fuboTV
fuboTV could be your key to sports streaming. Over 30 sports channels are included along with FS1. Of course, with 50+ non-sports channels offered, there’s something to watch for everyone. Plans start at $45 per month, but the first month is available for just $40. Standard features include an on-demand library featuring most shows for at least 3-days after they air and a cloud-DVR with limited, but upgradable space. Other fuboTV details:
- $45 a month for 80+ sports channels
- Each plan includes 30+ sports channels
- A great option for sports fans
- Each plan includes a cloud-DVR and on-demand library
- Watch local channels in some areas, FS1, USA, TNT, AMC, and many other channels
- Stream on computers, Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, Apple TV, and mobile devices
- Try fuboTV free for 7 days
fuboTV doesn’t require a contract, so you’re free to cancel whenever you want. Plans offer a reasonable starting price for one of the largest plans in streaming. You can stream on all kinds of devices, so you’ll have the freedom to stream from just about any location. Channel upgrades are also available, offering sports and movie channels.
Our fuboTV review is filled with additional details.
Watch FS1 without Cable on Sling TV
Sling TV has two main packages, but for FS1, you’re going to want the Sling Blue package. Plans are available from $25/month, and don’t require a contract. Cancelling is as easy as clicking a button. When it comes to sports, Sling TV offers the cheapest available plans. Accounts all offer the chance to use some TV Everywhere apps. You’ll also have an on-demand library. Here is more on Sling TV:
- Sling Blue offers over 30+ channels for $25
- FS1 is one of many available channels
- Add several bundle packs to get more channels in your plan
- Access to local channels will be limited
- Stream free for the first week during Sling TV’s free trial
- An on-demand library is included, but may be limited
- Stream on mobile devices, smart TVs, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, and others
Sling TV is one of the best choices you’ll find if you’re interested in spending the least amount of money. With plenty of upgrade options, you’ll have a chance to build a package that is fairly priced and offers more of the channels that you want to see. You can stream on most devices and with no contracts, you’re free to keep your subscription as long as you like.
You can learn more in our Sling TV review.
Try FS1 without Cable on PlayStation Vue
PlayStation Vue is another solid option for streaming FS1. Four packages await you and each of them offer FS1. This gives you a chance to pick your package based on the complete channel lineup. No matter which plan you choose, you’ll have a cloud-DVR, an on-demand library, and you’ll be able to use TV Everywhere apps. PS Vue also offers many family features that are becoming quite popular. Among them is the ability to stream on five devices at the same time.
- Four plans from 50+ channels
- FS1 is available in all plans
- Local channels are available in many areas
- An on-demand library and cloud-DVR are included
- Stream on up to 5 devices at once
- Watch on PS3/PS4, mobile devices, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and more
- Try Vue free for 5 days
PS Vue is great for those sharing their account. They even allow you the use of separate user profiles to save preferences and separate DVR access. You can stream on most devices including PS3 and PS4 consoles, mobile devices, and more. At $45+ per package, it’s about on par with average pricing despite not being the cheapest option available.
Check out our PlayStation Vue review for more details.
Watch FS1 Online without Cable via DIRECTV NOW
DIRECTV NOW is a well-known service, but unlike the cable counterpart, you won’t need a satellite dish because this service is 100% streaming. You can watch on a variety of mobile and streaming devices. Packages start at 40+ channels for $50, making this the most expensive starting package in streaming. FS1 is included in this package. HBO is also included. Here’s more on DIRECTV NOW:
- Channel lineups begin with 40+ channels and include HBO
- Prices from $50
- FS1 is available in all plans
- Local channels are available in some areas
- A cloud-DVR will offer limited space
- An on-demand library is also included
- Watch on Roku, computers, Apple TV, mobile devices, and more
DIRECTV NOW offers a somewhat limited package considering it’s the most expensive of the popular streaming services. HBO is included, but many popular channels are missing. Still, if you want something that is reminiscent of cable, the look and feel here, is similar. DIRECTV NOW is a contract-free service, so you can cancel without hassles in minutes.
You can learn more in our DIRECTV NOW review.
Watch the FS1 Live Stream with YouTube TV
YouTube TV is the youngest of the services listed here, but it’s got a lot going for it. You’ll get over 50 channels for $40. Many sports channels are included. You’ll have FS1, FS2, ESPN, NBCSN, and many other channels. Local and regional channels will also be included based on your area. You can stream on most devices and there is some room for upgrade. Here’s some more details about YouTube TV:
- Over 50 channels including FS1, ESPN, USA, TNT, and many others
- Local news and sports coverage is available in most areas
- $40 a month with no hidden fees
- Cancel anytime!
- Works on iOS, Android, Chromecast, Roku, and Apple TV
- An unlimited cloud-DVR is included
YouTube TV is another good option if you want to watch FS1 without cable. The unlimited cloud-DVR will allow you to stay current on all of your favorite sports, news, and movies. You’ll also have an on-demand library, which features even more content. If you’re on the fence, there’s even a risk-free trial you can try out.
Our YouTube TV review has additional details.
It used to be hard to watch sports without cable, but as you can see, there are several ways to watch FS1 online. You will have to use a paid streaming service to watch FS1 without cable if you want to watch the network legally. The good news is that no matter which service you choose, you’ll still save plenty of money when compared to watching it through cable.
Watching FS1 online with any of these streaming services means that you won’t have to get stuck in a contract. You’ll be able to cancel when you want, and you’ll be able to watch where you want without being tethered to your TV. If you still need a little help where watching FS1 without cable is concerned, we can help! Another option is to check out these cable alternatives when you’re ready to cut the cord.