AMC is home to some of the most popular programming on TV. With classics like The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, Into the Badlands, and Mad Men, AMC has a lineup of shows that’s incredibly popular with viewers and critics alike. AMC’s shows have been nominated for a dizzying number of awards, from Emmy’s to Golden Globes. In short – AMC produces some incredible shows, and you’ll definitely want to have access to this network. But what if you don’t have cable or satellite? Can you watch AMC without cable?
With live streaming services like fuboTV, you sure can! It’s easier than ever to watch AMC online without cable TV – and the guide below will show you how.
How to Watch AMC Without Cable: At a Glance
There are several different ways to stream AMC online without cable TV. All of them are paid services – currently, there’s no legal way to watch AMC online for free. That said, these services are quite affordable, and definitely worth checking out. Here are a few you can use:
fuboTV is a streaming service that’s focused mostly on sports, but also offers channels like AMC and Food Network. The service costs $59.99 per month, and covers over 100 channels. For sports fans, there’s a lot of value in this service. It works on most devices, and is non-contract. There’s also a free 7-day trial.
Philo is an ultra-affordable online streaming platform that lets you watch over 50+ TV networks for just $20 per month. There’s no contract, either! You’ll get AMC, Comedy Central, Discovery, Food Network and much more. You can use Philo on most devices, like streaming players, computers and smartphones. There’s a free 7-day trial available.
Using Streaming Services to Watch AMC Online Without Cable
If you’re just getting started in your cable-free journey, you might be confused about your options. What are live streaming services, and how do they work?
Essentially, live streaming services (like Philo, fuboTV, etc.) offer a way to watch TV channels live, without a cable plan.
In a lot of ways, they are quite similar to cable. You sign up, and are given access to a package of channels – usually between 30 and 100+, depending on the package of channels you choose. You can then watch all these channels live, just like if you had cable!
So if they are so similar to cable, why even bother? A valid question!
Basically, streaming platforms have two main advantages: price and flexibility.
Price is pretty straightforward: cable is expensive, with the average bill now exceeding $100/mo (and rising rapidly). On the other hand, streaming services are much more affordable, usually running $20 to $65 per month for the basic packages. That’s quite a cost savings!
Flexibility is also a notable perk of streaming services. With a service like Philo or fuboTV, you are free to cancel at any time, without penalty or hassle. Compared to the 12+ month contracts of cable TV, this is a huge perk! Plus, streaming services usually work anywhere, so you can watch even when you’re away from home!
The other main difference is that cable works using a cable box, and streaming services work using a streaming player. You’ll need to get a streaming player (like a Roku or Apple TV), or you can use your computer or smartphone.
To sum up:
- Streaming services give you access to live TV channels
- Prices run from $20 to $65 per month for base packages
- You can cancel at any time
- You will need a compatible device, like a computer, smart TV or streaming player
Now that we understand the basics, let’s look at specific services that come highly recommended!
Watch AMC Online Without Cable TV via fuboTV
fuboTV is a streaming service that’s primarily focused on sports. It’s a must-have for sports fans, but it also covers a lot of general channels, including AMC.
- Best for sports fans
- $59.99 per month for a complete cable TV replacement
- No contract
- 100+ channels to stream live
- Many sports channels like FS1, NBA TV, BeIn Sports, etc. (but also includes AMC)
- Good coverage of local channels like NBC, FOX, CBS and regional sports networks
- Available on most streaming devices, computers and more
- Free 7-day trial
If you’re a sports fan that also wants access to AMC, FOX News, FX and other great networks, fuboTV is a great option. See our fuboTV review for more details!
Watch AMC Without Cable via Philo
Philo is a newer streaming service that is very affordable. It costs just $20 per month, which is very cheap even in the world of online streaming.
- Best for budget-minded streamers who don’t care about sports
- Just $20 per month (larger package for a bit more)
- No contract
- 40+ channels to stream live (Philo packages here)
- Get AMC, HGTV, Comedy Central, TLC, A&E and much more
- No sports channels are offered, which is why Philo is so affordable
- Available on Roku, Apple TV, mobile devices, computers and more
For folks who want a solid lineup of entertainment channels, and don’t really care about watching live sports, it’s tough to beat the value of Philo. At $20 a month, it’s a steal of a deal! Plus, there’s a free 7-day trial you can test out.
Stream AMC Without Cable via Sling TV
Sling TV is a very popular online streaming service that was one of the first in the industry. It offers a good affordable base package, plus tons of expansion options.
- Best for folks who want a customizable channel lineup
- $30 per month for base Sling TV packages
- No contract
- 25-40+ channels, depending on package you choose
- Limited local channels in some markets
- Tons more available in $5 add-on packages
- Get AMC, TNT, TBS, and many more
- Available on most streaming devices (Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, AirTV, etc.), mobile and more devices
- Free 7 day trial available
If you want to be able to customize your channel lineup, giving you more flexibility in what you actually pay for, Sling is a great option. Read our Sling TV review for further details!
Enjoy Watching AMC Without Cable via YouTube TV
YouTube TV is probably the most expensive way to watch. It offers a solid channel lineup and some great features.
- Best for those that love to record using DVR to watch later
- $65 per month
- No contract
- 70+ channels available
- Get AMC, FOX News, CNN, ESPN, TNT and much more
- Get local news and sports
- Offers cloud DVR with unlimited storage (for recording live TV)
- Available on most devices
YouTube TV has one unique feature: a cloud DVR with unlimited storage, that lets you record and store an unlimited amount of shows. Read through our YouTube TV review to learn more!
This article covers the best ways to watch AMC without cable TV. To the best of our knowledge, these are the only legal ways to stream AMC without a cable subscription.
If you have any questions about how to watch AMC without cable, leave a comment and we’ll be happy to help! You can also learn more about cable TV alternatives throughout our site!
How to Watch Other Entertainment Channels without Cable
Looking for info on how to watch another channel without cable? Check out the chart below.
|BET||Hallmark Mysteries & Movies||TruTV|
|Comedy Central||HGTV||TV Land|
|Discovery Channel||Investigation Discovery||VH1|