Why I Canceled Cable and How I utilize Cable TV Alternatives
I had the great pleasure of being interviewed by Anthony Pica of The Fire Finder in March of 2011. This interview posed questions about what KilltheCableBill.com provides, how we can helping people, how we came up with the idea, and how much people can save by utilizing what we offer.
Here are the Excerpts:
- What service does your website provide and who is it for? KilltheCableBill is an informational resource that provides industry trend analysis, product / service reviews ( online video guide ), and simple but cost effective ways to make the transition from standard Cable to Online and Over-the-Air TV (OTA). This site is for people who want to decrease how much they spend on standard TV programming, while taking advantage of low cost Online & OTA TV.
- How can this help people? Simply: KilltheCablebill.com helps people save Time and Money. Not only can people learn how to rid themselves of cable or satellite costs, but they can also tap into product and service reviews that will help guide them towards fully utilizing low cost online video and over-the-air content.
- Do people need to download anything to use your site? There is no need to download or plug-in anything to access what KilltheCableBill.com has to offer. We are purely an informational resource that can be leveraged to make accurate decisions.
- How did you come up with the idea? Several months ago I decided to cancel cable due to a financial set back, and found myself overwhelmed by the amount of information on the topic. With cable costs going up and the economy getting worse, many people are finding that canceling cable is the only thing that make sense. With this growing demand for Online TV, vendors are popping out of the woodwork – all promising to fulfill this need. The problem is that most of the sites, services, and products out there only offer partial solutions, or no solution at all. Through my research I realized that there is a growing need for clarity in this space. And that people just like me, needed help making this complex transition from standard cable to Online and Over-the-Air TV.
- How much do think people can save using your site as a resource? Through using the KilltheCableBill.com resource people will save money in a few different ways. Some will use the site to learn how to cancel their cable and move to an online setup; and others will use the site to fully optimize those devices used for streaming videos. For those who are just starting out and end up canceling cable, they will save upwards of $500 – $1000 a year. For those who are in the market to purchase devices and services to support their online video and/or over-the-air content viewing – knowing what to buy and what not to buy will save immense amounts of time and money that would otherwise go to waste.
- What do we use your information for? Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways: To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs) | To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you) | To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs) | To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature | To send periodic emails Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- How do we protect your information? We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won’t affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties? We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Third party links Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Your Profile’ page.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.