Binge-watch with your close friends during the coronavirus pandemic even if you’re quarantined. All you need is Netflix Party.
Netflix Party is a new Google Chrome extension that allows friends to watch their favorite Netflix movies and TV series together- virtually. As long as all of your friends are on their computer at the same time, you can watch together. The browser extension also provides a chat room for you to share your reaction with your friends.
Getting the extension is easy. All you need is three things: the Google Chrome browser, the Netflix party browser extension, and a Netflix subscription. Here’s how to get started:
- Visit the Netflix Party website (netflixparty.com) using Google Chrome.
- Click “Get Netflix Party for free!” to open Chrome web store.
- Select “Add to Chrome.”
- Choose “Add extension” in the pop-up window.
- The extension will appear in the top right corner of your Chrome browser as NP.
- Open Netflix using Chrome.
- Select the show you want to watch with friends.
- Click the NP button on your browser.
- Choose “Start the Party.”
- Share the URL with your friends.
- Have your friends click the link, sign in, and click the NP button on their Chrome browsers.
- Netflix and chill.
In order for this to work, your friends will also need to use the Google Chrome browser and install the extension. Additionally, your friends will need their own Netflix account.
You also have the option to have sole control over the show, such as pause, rewind, fast forward, etc. To turn this feature on, simply check “Only I Have Control” box when starting the party. If you leave this box unchecked anyone in your party can control the show.
Netflix ranges between $9 and $16 per month, depending on the options you choose. The streaming giant has over 5,000 titles to choose from, giving you lots of options while social distancing. If you or your friends are not on the Netflix bandwagon yet, you can get a free 7-day trial period.
Latest posts by Jessica Saxena (see all)
- How to Watch Moto Flattrack FITE Klub Online Without Cable TV - 06/06/2020
- Netflix Announces the Cancellation of Inactive Subscriptions - 05/26/2020
- How to Cancel Hulu - 05/22/2020