The Golden Globes are among the biggest awards in television: the Academy Awards of the small screen, and one of the biggest film award nights as well. The 77th Golden Globes air Sunday January 5th on NBC, live from the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. Ricky Gervais is hosting and with Tom Hanks set to receive the Cecil B. DeMille award and stars like Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd and Kit Harington nominated for acting awards, and high-profile movies like Parasite, Marriage Story, and The Joker, it should be a night to remember. If you don’t have cable, you’ll definitely want to watch the Golden Globes online.
NBC is streaming online for free if you have a cable subscription that includes NBC, but if you’re not able to get a Golden Globes live stream that way, try one of the services we list below like fuboTV (free 7-day trial).
How to Watch the Golden Globes Online Without Cable: At a Glance
The Golden Globes air Sunday January 5th 2020 on NBC, which streams the Golden Globes every year. If you don’t have a cable subscription, you could get a digital antenna, which allows you to watch local channels for free. Or, streaming services are a more popular option that cut your cable bill while giving you many of the same options and content as cable. Streaming services tend to be around $50 or so per month, which is half the cost of the average cable bill.
Here are two of the best ways to watch the Golden Globes online:
fuboTV: NBC is included in fuboTV’s packages, and you can get a week’s free trial which would allow you to watch the Golden Globes online free. The packages start at $55 per month, and in total fuboTV offers over 95 channels of local and nationwide content. In most areas of the country, you’ll be able to stream NCB live (so you can stream the Golden Globes live for free). If you happen to live in an area where NBC isn’t live streamed, you can still watch the Golden Globes on-demand or on NBC’s TV Everywhere app. Try fuboTV now and stream the Golden Globes online free.
Hulu with Live TV: Hulu Live covers more areas than with any other service, and offers some or all available local channels in the majority of cases, though some of them are available through TV Everywhere apps. You also get 60+ nationwide channels, starting at $55. Learn more about this and other services below!
Stream the Golden Globes with a Streaming Service
Streaming channels let you replace cable without the hassle of getting a digital antenna. Getting a streaming subscription is extremely easy and doesn’t require any of the setup that cable does. If you want to cut the cord, here are some of the advantages:
- Prices are Cheaper – You can save anywhere from 40-50% off the average cable bill (over $100/month). Most streaming services start at around $50 per month, way less than the average cable bill
- Cancel Anytime! – Most streaming services offer a free trial, which gives you a chance to try out a service before you pay anything. Going even further, streaming services do not require contracts.
- Viewing Flexibility – You can stream on the go and on most types of devices including phones, computers, tablets, and things like Roku and Chromecast. Watch what you want, when and how you want it. Get rid of the cable box and watch using your own devices. Our guide about streaming devices can give you more details on what devices you can use.
- Live TV AND On-Demand TV – Streaming services tend to offer both live and on-demand content, AND you can customize the channels you sign up for, instead of being forced into rigid cable packages. Many streaming services include a cloud DVR that lets you record shows. You can also stream using TV Everywhere apps for most services.
But you’re wondering how to watch the Golden Globes online. Here’s our guide to how to get an NBC live stream without cable.
Watch the Golden Globes Live Stream on fuboTV
fuboTV is perfect to watch the Golden Globes without cable, because it streams NBC in many areas. FuboTV is also great for sports since it offers some regional sports channels. The basic package is $55 a month, which includes more than 95 channels.
Here’s more about fuboTV:
- $55 a month per month
- 95+ channels in one package
- Many cities receive the NBC live stream and let you watch local channels online
- The on-demand library offers most previously aired content
- Stream on mobile devices, Apple TV, computers, Amazon Fire TV, and more
- An upgradeable cloud-DVR is included
fuboTV has a free week-long trial and it’s good for families because you can watch content on different devices at the same time. The types of channels and content offered are diverse, and keep in mind you can try it with the fuboTV 7-day trial. Our fuboTV review tells you anything else you need to know.
Watch the Golden Globes Online on Hulu with Live TV
Hulu with Live TV includes 60 live streaming channels as well as Hulu’s ever-popular on-demand content, which streams episodes of popular, currently-airing shows days after they air, as well as seasons of classic television. The cost is $55 a month. Hulu Live also offers local channels to more homes than any other service. You can watch the Golden Globes online in most houses because Hulu streams it to most places, but if it’s not offered, you can still stream it on the NBC TV Everywhere app. Here are some more highlights:
- 60+ channels
- Most markets receive access to some local channels
- $55 per month
- No contracts
- A free Hulu Live trial is available for one-week
- Watch on Apple TV, Roku, mobile devices, Fire TV devices, and more
- Hulu on-demand is also included
- 50-hours of space is offered with the cloud-DVR
Hulu gets you all the Hulu content that so many subscribers love: everything from sports to scripted TV shows classic and new to news and more. Any mood, any taste you have Hulu has something for it. Try a free weeklong Hulu Live trial to watch the Golden Globes online. And read our Hulu with Live TV review!
Watch the Golden Globes Live on YouTube TV
The Netflix of streaming services in some ways, YouTube TV is great for families because it allows you to create six user profiles and stream on three devices at the same time.It also streams local channels everywhere, and you can use it to stream the Golden Globes live online or on your phone using TV Everywhere apps.
More YouTube TV details:
- Over 70 channels with NBC in most areas
- Many other channels including AMC, OWN, USA, TNT, Food Network, Syfy, and more
- $50 per month
- No contracts!
- Watch on Apple TV, computers, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices
- The cloud-DVR includes unlimited space
YouTube TV has UNLIMITED space for its cloud DVR, which is very unusual, and has a free 7 day trial so you can test it out. Or, read our YouTube TV review has more details on everything YouTube TV has to offer besides watching the Golden Globes online.
Stream the Golden Globes in Some Areas on Sling TV
Sling TV is the cheapest way to stream NBC and the Golden Globes, because it’s only $25 per month. But this will only work for certain consumers since NBC live streaming is limited to specific cities. You’ll want to check whether your city is included before signing up. If it is, the Sling Blue package is what you’ll want as it includes NBC: it also has 40 other channels. You can also use NBC’s TV Everywhere app to watch the Golden Globes.
Sling TV details:
- Stream Sling TV free for a week, which will allow you to stream the Golden Globes free
- 40+ channels are included, or you can add more
- NBC is live in some areas, on-demand in others
- Stream to all common devices such as: smart phones, smart TVs, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, more
- No contract so cancel whenever you want
Sling isn’t the best option for streaming local content, since live streaming tends to be through the TV Everywhere apps for local channels, or offered in the on-demand library. However, if you don’t usually watch TV live, Sling TV is a super affordable way to stream the content you want after it airs. Sign up for the free trial today! Or you can learn more in our Sling TV review.
Watch the Golden Globes without Cable on AT&T TV NOW
AT&T TV NOW is one of the more expensive streaming options, though it has several packages. The lowest cost one starts at $65 per month for 40 channels, one of which is NBC so you’ll get the chance to watch NBC live stream, or on-demand depending on where you live. This package does include HBO, TNT, ESPN, and other channels that help justify the high price tag. Some local channels won’t be live, in which case you stream them through the NBC app or the on-demand library.
- AT&T TV NOW has packages starting from $65/month
- 40+ channels in the basic package
- NBC is available in some but not all areas
- Available channels include TNT, TBS, USA, ESPN, and HBO
- Watch on Roku, smart TVs, Amazon Fire, or through apps on your phone
- Cloud DVR with a limited amount of space
- Try it for free for a week in their trial
AT&T TV NOW is cheaper than cable but the most expensive streaming service in general. You can find out more with our AT&T TV NOW review.
Stream the Golden Globes online on January 5th with a streaming service, or, if you have it, a digital antenna! Remember that it’s easy to set up streaming and almost all of them offer a free trial period. Of course we recommend Hulu Live and fuboTV but any service we’ve listed will allow you to watch the Golden Globes online (just make sure to check your location to see if you can watch it live or will have to watch on-demand).
Questions about how to watch the Golden Globes live online? Comment below and we’ll get back to you!
Latest posts by Helen Back (see all)
- What is Quibi? Review, Price, Shows & More - 04/05/2020
- Watch The Last Dance Michael Jordan Documentary Online - 04/04/2020
- Streaming Service Free Trials - 03/31/2020