Quibi has finally hit the scene after much anticipation. This new streaming service is different than Netflix, Hulu, or anything offering live stream content. Offering 10-minute videos on a daily basis, Quibi is available on mobile devices only. It’s designed to allow you to watch content on-the-go. It’s meant for watching while you’re in line or commuting, as opposed to sitting home on your couch. So, is Quibi worth it? How much does it cost? What features or shows are included? Find out all this and more in our Quibi review.
Table Of Contents
What is Quibi?
Quibi is designed to offer short-form content that is referred to as “quick bites” of content. Basically, instead of 30-minutes or 1-hour TV shows or movies, Quibi offers 10-minute episodes that are released each day. Quibi was created by Meg Whitman and Jeffrey Katzenberg. Over 50 shows will be available at the launch of the service and over 175 shows are currently in the works.
Short form content has been done before, but not to this level. The closest current comparisons would be content you can find on YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram.
How Does Quibi Work?
Like other services, Quibi requires a subscription. You’ll need to sign up with some basic information and then you can start watching new shows and movies broken up into 10 minute chunks. Here are the basics of signing up.
- Go to Quibi.com
- Sign up for your free 3-month trial
- Decide if you want the commercial plan ($4.99/month) or no commercials ($7.99/month)
- Download the app to your mobile device (phones and tablets are compatible)
- Start watching short-form entertainment!
While Quibi won’t appeal to everyone, the good news is that you have 3-months to figure out if it’s right for you. Even if you don’t think you need another streaming service, the extended trial gives you plenty of time to watch some things and still back out if you realize that it’s not a necessary service for you.
What Shows are on Quibi?
Quibi promises daily content including fiction, reality/non-fiction, and daily news and entertainment bites. At launch over 50 shows are going to be available with many others in the works. Some of the immediately available content will include:
- Flipped: Jann and Cricket desire to be the newest pair of house-flippers. In order to make things work they need to renovate the mansions of the Mexican drug cartel.
- Most Dangerous Game: Dodge Maynard (Liam Hemsworth) accepts an option to take part in a deadly game.
- Survive: A plane crash gives Jane a renewed interest in living as she crawls from the wreckage with new hopes of survival.
- Chrissy’s Court: Chrissy Tiegen resolves your small court cases
- Dishmantled: Titus Burgess hosts a cooking show where the chefs are blindfolded and need to identify dishes that have been blasted into their face using a cannon
- Elba v Block: Idris Elba and Ken Block compete in a series of racing stunts against each other
- Fierce Queens: Reese Witherspoon hosts a nature series about female animals
- Murder House Flip: Notorious murder houses are redesigned by renovation experts
- Nikki Fre$h: Nicole Richie offers socially conscious themes blending wellness with hip hop
- Punk’d: A reboot of the MTV show with Chance the Rapper
- The Sauce: Ayo and Teo find online talent to compete for cash prizes
- Singled Out: A reboot of the MTV dating show now hosted by Keke Palmer and Joel Kim Booster
- Skrrt with Offset: Offset talks luxury items with Cardi B, T-Pain, and other guests
- Thanks A Million: Unsuspecting people are gifted $100,000 by Jennifer Lopez
Quibi Monthly Price
Quibi offers two packages and the only thing that separates the package is whether or not you have commercials in your plan. The package with commercials is $4.99 per month. If you want to ditch commercials, you’ll pay $7.99 a month. Of course, your package initially starts with a 3-month free trial.
Quibi Devices: Where Can I Watch?
Quibi was created to offer people short form content that can be enjoyed online or offline while you’re commuting, in line for coffee, or just need a few minutes of entertainment while you’re in line at the bank. With this in mind, Quibi is designed specifically for mobile devices. You can watch on iOS devices and Android devices. Phones or tablets should work. You’ll just download the Quibi app to your device, sign up, and you’ll be good to start streaming.
Quibi Pros & Cons
Every streaming service comes with some pros and cons. If you’re thinking of signing up to Quibi, here are some pros and cons:
- Affordable (the cheapest plan is $4.99/month)
- 3-month free trial
- No contracts to sign
- Choose between a plan with commercials or without
- Works on mobile phones and tablets
- Daily content is available
- All original programming made by top Hollywood creators
- Only Quibi original content will be available
- Content is only available on mobile devices
Is Quibi Worth It?
With the service being brand new, it’s hard to say if Quibi will last in the streaming wars. However, if you’re looking for some quick form content that is a step up from YouTube and other Instagram, Quibi might fit the bill. With a three-month trial, you should have plenty of time to find out if it will work for you or not.
So, what are your thoughts on Quibi? Let us know your Quibi review in the comments!