Time to Cancel Cable
- The DVD Kiosk – Redbox and its ken are a new breed of movie rentals. For a little over a dollar a day, you can watch new movies, old movies, and foreign films. A quick search of the Redbox website will tell you which location near you has the film you want, and online coupon sites can even give you free codes for the first night. There’s no reason to pay more anywhere else.
- Network websites – A lot of networks are offering their shows streaming on their websites, sometimes only hours after the show has aired. ABC.com, NBC.com, USA.com, and CBS.com all offer some of their shows online for free, and the quality can’t be beat. Best of all, you can watch whenever you want. Also accessible via an Indoor Antenna.
- Hulu – Hulu is full of ad-supported videos for everyone to watch. It is free, but for a fee you can have access to even more, better quality videos and streaming on your mobile devices. Even better, you can set up subscriptions to your favorite shows so that when they are available to view, an email will be sent to let you know.
- Netflix – Despite the issues that Netflix has been having lately, it is still one of the top streaming and dvd companies out there. You can choose to get a dvd in the mail or stream your movies or both, but the fees vary. The good thing is that whole seasons are available for streaming so you can catch up on your favorite shows.
- Blockbuster on Demand – Another combination of dvds and streaming, blockbuster’s service is getting better every day. The company offers tons of movies to watch online, and they have tons more to send in the mail. Better still, when you pay their monthly rate, you can pick up and drop off movies at the local store.
Looking to buy a Blu-ray Player,
Gaming Consul, or Video Streamer?
Whichever one you choose; these five alternatives to cable are sure to let you catch up on all your favorite shows. Try them out today.
Guest Post by Christine Kane from internet service providers, she is a graduate of Communication and Journalism. She enjoys writing about a wide-variety of subjects for different blogs. She can be reached via email at: [email protected]