1 out of 3 Cancel Cable
& they will Not Return Regardless of Price
“While not everyone has cut the cord on cable or satellite, a significant number of consumers are actively looking for alternatives,” said Yung Trang, President and Editor in Chief of TechBargains.com. “Today, people are streaming their favorite shows and movies on their device of choice — at significantly lower costs. This gives consumers more choice and undoubtedly has serious future implications for the cable and satellite industry.”
Cut The Cord Survey Results – 1,640 responses:
- 75% of people stream video on their televisions. 57% of those who stream content from their TV use a gaming console, 43% use a Streaming Media Player, 23% use a Smart TV and 32% use a different device (e.g. Blu-Ray player, PC). Check out Amazon’s Streaming Media Player Page.
- The majority (74%) of people watch Netflix when streaming content on TVs.
- 53% of people said they do not stream content on their cell phone.
- The majority (80%) of people watch YouTube when streaming content on cell phones.
- 72% of people use their tablets to stream video content while 28% do not stream content on their tablets.
- The majority (74%) of people watch YouTube when streaming content on tablets.
- 77% of people stream content on their laptops. Learn how to connect your laptop to your tv
- The majority (78%) of people watch YouTube when streaming content on laptops.
- 70% of people stream content on their desktops.
- The majority (80%) of people watch YouTube when streaming content on desktops.
Cutting the Cord!!
Landlines and Cable
The survey also found that 60% of people no longer have a landline telephone, not a surprising trend as mobile devices continue to gain popularity. The results also revealed that 57% of people that still have a landline do not plan to disconnect their landline in the next year. However, of those who have gotten rid of their landline, 36% of people have also discontinued their cable/satellite service. Finally, of those who still have their landlines, 19% have cut the cable cord.
Have you cut the cord yet? If not, whats the hold up?
As always, comments are welcome and encouraged. Cheers!
p.s. If you really enjoyed this post, please consider helping me out and spreading the word below! Thanks!